Identify?

Is it slimy? Does it contain trapped air bubbles? Someone correct me if I'm wrong but isn't some strains of cyano green? I've only seen red personally. I would google that and see what you find.

Mat like algae sounds like green hair algae. If that's the case just rip it off the rocks turn the rock over and put the algae side into the sand. Problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe its green hair. I am using some rowaphos right now since i suspect it to be excess phosphates. Need to grab a hannah checker or salifert test. Found my mag was low so started dosing Tech M.

Do you over feed? I have algae problems when I overfeed for too long. I had to go down to every other day to keep the algae issues down.

Well i feed once a day. Very minimal though. If i do frozen i might use a quarter of the cube for 4 fish. I have a skimmer rate for a 100g on my tabk as well with a filter rated for 70g. I just adjust my skimmer to make it wetter to see if that helps. I do believe it is green cyano now. Wierd. Lights are new as well. And those are only on 7-8hrs. This weekend im going lights out for 3-4 days after i do a 50% water change and take out what i can on the substrate. Going to use chemi pure elite as well. Hope this helps.

Back