I'm ordering from LiveAquaria.com

The Chicago land area is expected to get from 2-6 inches of snow by midnight tomorrow night. With the package shipped today it will land in Chicago before any snow starts and should be delivered tomorrow morning sometime. I am not too worried.

SNOW IS EXPECTED TO OVERSPREAD THE AREA AFTER MIDNIGHT TONIGHT
AND CONTINUE THROUGH THE DAY FRIDAY BEFORE DIMINISHING EARLY
FRIDAY EVENING. TOTAL SNOWFALL ACCUMULATION OF UP TO 8 INCHES IS
EXPECTED OVER MUCH OF THE WARNING AREA.

Looks like they increased it.

I had a shipment from LA get lost in memphis over a weekend. It was when they first bought out Flying Fish Express and it was a fish only order. Believe it or not every fish survived that weekend vacation visiting Elvis.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12137640#post12137640 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Fuppets
What winter storm warning? It's like 50 degees out side.
I hope you didn't bike to work today. The commute home could be trouble. :eek:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12137863#post12137863 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BreadmanMike
SNOW IS EXPECTED TO OVERSPREAD THE AREA AFTER MIDNIGHT TONIGHT
AND CONTINUE THROUGH THE DAY FRIDAY BEFORE DIMINISHING EARLY
FRIDAY EVENING. TOTAL SNOWFALL ACCUMULATION OF UP TO 8 INCHES IS
EXPECTED OVER MUCH OF THE WARNING AREA.

Looks like they increased it.
Just got off of the phone with LA. As it turns out, they watch the weather reports for this sort of thing. The rep told me that if the weather conditions were really really bad, they would not ship and they would contact me once the weather was OK to arrange a new shipping date.

That would be important to me, because if it didn't ship today, then the next available shipping day would be monday for tuesday delivery, and tuesday is bad for me. I was told that in the event that the shipment had to be postponed because of weather, they'd phone me to arrange a suitable shipping date for me.

As of 3:45 I was told that the order is being processed but it hasn't been shipped out yet. Their standard protocol in a situation like this is to add extra heat packs and extra oxygen so that if there is a side trip to Graceland it shouldn't cause a problem.

Although the package hasn't shipped as of 3:45 pm, they are still filling orders for today and I was told that the package should be going out tonight, with delivery tomorrow.

Keep your fingers crossed.

yeah it is only 1:45 PM there. I am sure everything will be fine. Typically within an hour or two of leaving their warehouse the package is already on a plane. I would bet it is on the ground in Chicago by midnight tonight.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12138771#post12138771 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bigevill1
now all you need is some breading and a good frying pan.

scared.gif

Brinks! Right!

Just got the tracking numbers. Delivery tomorrow. Check your PMs and pray for the snowstorm to miss us.

Back