In case you haven't heard yet AI/Ecotech

ChadRaay86

Today is an exciting day for EcoTech Marine, as we announce our merger with AquaIllumination (C2 Development, Inc.) Even more meaningful is what this news means for you, our customers, the most important part of our business. Our partnership with AquaIllumination will provide endless opportunities for development and innovation beyond what we already provide, while staying true to you, our partners from the beginning.

Since our start more than a decade ago, we've valued our customers' support above all else. We intend to remain true to that ideal, as does AquaIllumination. Each brand will remain a separate entity and continue to manufacture distinct product lines, but the shared ownership will allow each of us to improve and grow.

We share many core values with AquaIllumination, including a customer-focused business model, highly advanced technology and a commitment to American manufacturing. Because of our similar interests, this partnership will create economies of scale in production and greater efficiencies in all business areas. These advancements are intended to serve you, as our combined software and engineering teams will be able to develop more innovative products to fill and exceed every one of your needs. Customers will be the most significant beneficiaries of this merger, as you will receive even better, ever-improving products from the same brands you know and trust.

We're thrilled to be partnering with AquaIllumination and we look forward to leveraging this new connection while we remain devoted to you, our loyal customers.

From the founders of EcoTech Marine
Tim Marks, Patrick Clasen, Justin Lawyer

For more information read the merger press release.

FAQs

Is either brand being dissolved?
No, both brands will remain independent. This exciting merger is designed to capitalize on the operational and infrastructure advantages that result from the merger of two US based manufacturers. Product lines and branding will remain separate and occur at the separate Iowa and Pennsylvania facilities.

Will EcoTech products be sold under the AI brand or vice versa?
No, the brands and products will remain independent.

Will I still be able to buy EcoTech and AI products from my favorite store?
Yes, there will be no changes to retail availability. AI products will remain distributed by AI and EcoTech products will be distributed by EcoTech.

Will there be any changes to EcoTech or AI prices?
No. Prices will not be impacted.

Who do I contact for customer support?
EcoTech and AI customer support channels will remain exactly as they are currently. There will be no change to the support numbers, emails, or location.

Are there any changes to my warranty?
Warranty support, warranty conditions and product support will remain unchanged.

Are any products being discontinued?
No products are being discontinued.

Will EcoTech and AI products and technology be compatible in the future?
Currently there are no plans to make the two brands compatible.

It's interesting to say the least. On the plus side it seams they intend to keep the brands separate, which I guess can go both ways, less competition should mean price increases yet it has it's advantages with those who choose to stick with their preferred brands. I have mostly been an AI guy purely from their cheaper price but I have used and do like the Ecotech line and it would be a viable option if funds were available.

What we should expect is better support and more advanced technology, what we could see is higher pricing.

When you see two companies merge like this, they are combining resources for something bigger.

"This exciting merger is designed to capitalize on the operational and infrastructure advantages that result from the merger of two US based manufacturers."

Lol, the new latest and greatest will be released late this year and the pros will go down in value, people are going to be changing out the light fixtures the same time they upgrade cell phones, freaking corporations!!

Reason I went back to T5's and MH after my radions, they are always gonan be changing just liek new iphone 5's come out the 6 will be ou later this year. lol

CR

Like I said on post 4.

As others have mentioned, one of the main benefits of us working together is that our engineers and R&D teams will be able to collaborate and share resources in an effort to provide hobbyists with new and exciting products. This merger will directly affect hobbyists in a very positive way- we have a lot of exciting things in the works and can't wait to share them with all of you!

Back