In need of some ro/di

nathan1986

Just cleaned vince out of all his water trying to flush my new used tank out. I need about 25-30 gallons of water to fill the sump. If anyone has some they could spare I will buy some off of you. I'm located in port richey. Thanks for all and any help!

If I were in your shoes I'd run to Walmart and buy some distilled water. Believe they sell it for 88 cents. Tests 0 tds each time I've been in a pinch and picked some up.

I read something from Randy Holmes Fairley that said copper can sometimes be in distilled water, just as an FYI.

I read something from Randy Holmes Fairley that said copper can sometimes be in distilled water, just as an FYI.

I was a little skeptical reading this but then I decided to run a sample of distilled water on our photometer at work... Granted we are not using a top-of-the-line Hach Spectrometer, our photometer gave a reading of 40ppb (parts per billion) which I believe is the top of the range for natural seawater. And, this is before adding salt to it.... who knew?

Besides Randy and the Ichthyman. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer roger. The one thing I hate asking is to get water. Its time I get a ro/di system. Now that I have a larger tank it's an important piece of equipment to have. I had to pick up a frag from jeff, and Jake offered to give me some. I appreciate everyone's help!! Hopefully I'll be able to pay it forward soon

Back