Incredible manta ray encounter I had diving in Indonesia

kryppy

Moved Down
If you ever get the chance to dive Komodo National Park, do it! The amount of coral and fish you will see is beyond the imagination...oh, and these guys are everywhere.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tLQeWQsGJxk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Very nice.

I acutlaly dove whith a Ray that big or bigger, at the opening of
Pam Beach, Fl., in about 60-80 ft of water.

In that sunken old car ferry near there- in 90 Ft of water, I saw this HUGE
Queen Trigger- seemed like it was over 3 ft long!

Nice video- thanks for sharing

Very nice.

I acutlaly dove whith a Ray that big or bigger, at the opening of
Pam Beach, Fl., in about 60-80 ft of water.

In that sunken old car ferry near there- in 90 Ft of water, I saw this HUGE
Queen Trigger- seemed like it was over 3 ft long!

Nice video- thanks for sharing

Thanks. These guys were juveniles, maybe 5-6' across at best. There was a big pregnant female there too but she never came close like these guys. They were rubbing on me as they circled past at one point! They were super curious.

I have seen gigantic spotted eagle rays down here in South Florida that were at least 15' across. Only from the boat though unfortunately.

awesome video! thanks for sharing. i'm still in planning stage to go there. i'd also like to go to raja ampat. hopefully next year or the year after that. :D

That was incredible! It looked like they were just curious, kept turning around to come by you again and again. Didn't look like they were feeding.

I did the Manta Ray dive (night dive) in Kona, HI last fall and it was awesome too. Big Bertha (16' wingspan) made several passes within inches of my head.

Back