Informative Stores/Dealers

Ninja1

Hello!

I am looking to setup a salt water tank and need advice and tons of pointers. I have looked at a few stickies for "Newbies" and while they are resourceful, they are overwhelming. I was hoping to find direct and clear information on what supplies are required.

I'm interested in setting up a rectangular tank (80-150 gallons). It would be great to hear if there is a shop or dealer locally that may have the time to sell and educate one.

Thanks for reading!

Join LIRA you will meet very knowledgeable people that can help with any questions you might have or just post your questions here and you will find answers. Good luck.

You'll get the best information from those with nothing to sell to you. Stick around here, keep reading, and ask questions when you need something stated more clearly. This board has plenty of people willing to keep you moving in the right direction.

Thanks Dgen- I'm almost done with my custom stand build. I'm ordering a tank tomorrow as I can't find one on LI. I'm interested in joining the LI club but I think the next meet is next month.

Thanks for reading!

Ninja...did you try Petland Discounts for a tank? I know that they can order pretty much any tank size that isn't custom...at least, that's what I was told by the guy who ordered my tank. They also seem to have the best prices for tanks on the island...so, they're good for something.

Anyway, before you order, check them out.

There are many great books out there as well. The newer the editions the better, reefing is constantly evolving but the basics remain the same. Clean water, good light, and patience. Oh yes, and a good sized wallet, lol

Haha I think if you get the right equipment once the money thing wont be as bad. What do you guys find that causes you to spend more? I bet getting obsessed with the stock or adding new :)

+1 to patience and wallet. Lol. Everything about a reef tank is exciting from building to establishing. And then when you think younger donevyou see something new in your tank at night. Welcome to your new addiction.

Back