Integrated Aquariums

mcliffy2

I'd like to see photos of aquariums that are integrated into their surroundings. Ones where the room and space are planned out, not just the tank itself. This idea is an off-shoot of the "modern" aquarium thread, where many posted aquariums that were great looking in a non-modern way. I think the aspect of many of those non-modern aquariums that got them posted, was their integration into their surroundings. This is something I've really strived for...you can have an amazing tank, but I do feel something is lost when you place a tank in front of a fireplace or a window (these room features are just not meant to be blocked). I have seen beautiful aquariums that have such placement, and am not intending to bash such decisions. I only offer these examples to illustrate what I'd like to see in this thread - aquariums that are at one with their surroundings.

So lets see em'...I'll start with mine (which I confess is not fully finished yet), but I know others have way outdone me, so lets see em all :)

IMGP2448.JPG

IMGP2403.JPG

Nope all styles are welcome. That is a nice clean design...obviously some thought was put into the room to match the in-wall to the built-in cabinets.

if I had to critique, the one suggestion I might have is rearranging the furniture. I'm far from an interior design expert, but one tip I was given was to "float" furniture, rather than pushing it against the walls. Here's a link on the concept: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/599055/interior_designer_tips_for_arranging.html?cat=6

At any rate it looks like the setup has great promise, do you have a build thread?

Indyman, that's stunning.

Mike, the place looks great. If only you could somehow get a shot of the tank along with the view from your balcony...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12926992#post12926992 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Indymann99
This may not be what you are looking for but here it is anyway...

Tankfullshot.jpg

You're supposed to switch the TV and the tank. Priorities!!! j/k :D

wait a minute dude, you are in downtown chi-town, and you have a pic showing Farve on the television? are you a sell out, or was that just bad timing? what gives?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12930395#post12930395 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by skeeter-doc
wait a minute dude, you are in downtown chi-town, and you have a pic showing Farve on the television? are you a sell out, or was that just bad timing? what gives?

haha, yea, didnt even realize that until someone pointed it out...sportscenter is usually on in my place :) I'm a bears fan tho.

My condolences (on being a bears fan); maybe Farve is coming here to the Bears!!?? Nice tank, by the way.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12930395#post12930395 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by skeeter-doc

He must be one of the good guys. :)

Awesome room mcliffy - and great tank too! I'm a big fan of the modern look - and you've got it nailed pretty well!

Back