Interisting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12872630#post12872630 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by alizarin
Don't you make a living selling SUV's mflamb?
WRONG...as usual, it appears...I am a diesel mechanic as it states underneath my name and avatar. I diagnose, repair, program, etc computer systems on Ford diesel trucks.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12872742#post12872742 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mflamb
WRONG...as usual, it appears...I am a diesel mechanic as it states underneath my name and avatar. I diagnose, repair, program, etc computer systems on Ford diesel trucks.

Oh now I see it. I had it in my head you sold SUVs because I remember you saying something about working at a truck dealership or something when I bought sand from you. The reason I ask is because it makes me think of the famous quote from the guy who wrote "The Jungle" about early meat inspections - "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."
I'm not trying to question what you do for a living, I'm asking you if you're being objective when it comes to global warming. The article
you posted was a cherry picked one that questions one small variable in global warming as opposed to thousands that aren't even questions, just evidence. But this whole thread is off topic regardless.

I'm sorry if I snapped at you with my first post (not that you haven't been rude in your comments since) - The article isn't what really bothered me so much as Pedro's post in the beginning and later a couple other people piling on:

Ohh no. We have to stop drilling, see the void of the oil that we take is being replace by lava, causing the volcanoes to erupted. We need change!!!

I can only assume that's an attempt to mock the views of other club members from the topic last week "OT; Should we drill off Florida?". I thought that was really rude and I find it disappointing since you're a club officer Pedro and personally because I always thought you were such a nice guy at the meetings.

I apologize if I've been disrespectful to anyone in this thread.

I in no way benefit from "not understanding" global warming.
The problem for me are those who so forcefully try to shove the whole "Al Gore global warming" theory down our throats. We do need to be responsible for our treatment of the Earth and our environment. "Al Gore global warming" is all about money. Those bureaucrats who push it are making a fortune on the whole theory. There is a paper mill east of Houston, now closed, that makes more money now selling carbon credits than it ever did making paper. Most of the carbon credits are sold to another company east of Houston, formerly named GATX, that saves over a million bucks per year by not meeting emission standards, but buying carbon credits. The paper mill sold all of the metal in the plant for scrap. And numerous government types get paid from MY TAX DOLLARS to "monitor" all of this. What a scam.
And the whole "treaty" that tells the U.S. to reduce CO2 while China, since it's a "developing" country, can freely polute.

And for a typical rude comment...I hope the ocean does rise...I'll have water front property!!!

I appreciate you writing that.

You are right...sometimes people write things that are INTENTIONALLY a slap in the face of people they know have opposing views. That's the only thing i find hard here.

Of course, in a sec..someone will post a moc of me:

"GOSH I was so wrong...you choked me up. I found my sensitive side. Someone pass me a tissue :( "

I wish people did respect opinions here. Thanks alizarin!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12885556#post12885556 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by alizarin
...The article isn't what really bothered me so much as Pedro's post in the beginning and later a couple other people piling on:

I can only assume that's an attempt to mock the views of other club members from the topic last week "OT; Should we drill off Florida?". I thought that was really rude and I find it disappointing since you're a club officer Pedro and personally because I always thought you were such a nice guy at the meetings.

I apologize if I've been disrespectful to anyone in this thread.

1. This has NOTHING to do with the TBRC.
2. As a person, I do have an opinion.
3. Never assume.
4. I was just trying to keep things light hearted. IE: I was hoping that a little humor would not hurt, since it gets too serious and heated at times here. As you all know, I usually do not get involved in these debates.
5. Since I now, in your eyes, am no longer a 'nice guy' it will not damage my reputation any further to say to you:

CHILL OUT:eek1:

and a twist...
...salt...

mmm...we are starting to need a dose of tequilla in here :D then we can get the party STARTED!!!

Well, chill was not my first choice, but my editor (wife) made me change it.

It just upset me that a personal opinion now makes me no longer a nice guy!!!!!

You need to know me personally before you should judge me.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12885816#post12885816 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by plc001

Since you won't say it, I will.
If you don't agree with the "Al Gore global warming" gang, you can't possibly be a nice guy. A nice guy would believe the "truth" and help spread it.

The ice in my Rum and Coke melts too fast.

If I buy some carbon credits, will it last longer? The excess water is killing my buzz.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12886644#post12886644 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GrouperGenius

If I buy some carbon credits, will it last longer? The excess water is killing my buzz.
lmao.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12886644#post12886644 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GrouperGenius

you need those reusable plastic cubes there al gore freindly....

"The deceit behind the attempts to discredit the evidence of global climate change reveals matters of importance. This deceit has a clear purpose: to confuse the public about the status of knowledge of climate change, thus delaying effective action to mitigate climate change."

"The contrarians will be remembered as court jesters. There is no point to joust with court jesters...The real deal is this: the "royalty" controlling the court, the ones with the power, the ones with the ability to make a difference, with the ability to change our course, the ones who will live in infamy if we pass the tipping points, are the captains of industry, CEOs in companies such as EXXON/Mobil, automobile manufacturers, utilities, all of the leaders who have placed short-term profit above the fate of the planet and the well-being of our children." Dr. James Hansen, Goddard Institute for Space Studies, NASA

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12885816#post12885816 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by plc001

Pedro,

It was not my intention to offend you Pedro, just to express to you that I was offended. If you re-read what I said, I didn't question your right to an opinion or say you are not a nice guy. I said I thought it was a rude comment which surprised me from my first impression of you at the meetings. And, your identity is labeled "Membership Director/TBRC" in the TBRC club forum. You can have any opinion you want but I think it's common courtesy not to insult your club subordinates in such a forum if that's what you were doing - If I misunderstood your original comment then I sincerely apologize for my misunderstanding and subsequent comments.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12885653#post12885653 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mflamb
I in no way benefit from "not understanding" global warming.
The problem for me are those who so forcefully try to shove the whole "Al Gore global warming" theory down our throats. ... etc ...

mflamb,

You're using lots of logical fallacies in your arguments and I suspect some biased news sources. If you don't "get" that, there's no point arguing with you because the argument for you is about you being right, not what's objective and provable.
You might profit from reading these:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_picking
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_ridicule
and many more http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

If you want me to explain the "benefit of not understanding" or you have anything to say to me I'd prefer we talk via PM. This is an unfriendly conversation and has nothing to do with reefs so I'd rather not do it here.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12885653#post12885653 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mflamb
And for a typical rude comment...I hope the ocean does rise...I'll have water front property!!!

When I say "rude" I mean you're being inconsiderate/mean. That wasn't so much rude/mean as it was very misinformed about the topic. But I do see that you're trying to be rude so kudos. =(

Thanks for those who were supportive, apologies if I was unintentionally rude to anyone. =) I'm done with this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back