Introduce yourself!!

Were in Centennial/Littleton area. 55 gallon reef moving into a 90 here shortly. Might have a few frags now and again. Some extra equipment

Hello. I live in Northern Colorado (just north of Windsor), and have a 120g reef tank (with 40g sump). It's just short of two months old now, and coming along nicely.

LFS is Great White Aquatics in Fort Collins.

Once my corals are up and running and I'm fragging a bit, I'll be offering trades.

Hello. I live in Northern Colorado (just north of Windsor), and have a 120g reef tank (with 40g sump). It's just short of two months old now, and coming along nicely.

LFS is Great White Aquatics in Fort Collins.

Once my corals are up and running and I'm fragging a bit, I'll be offering trades.

There is also the Fish Crew if you have ever been there. Is this your fist tank?

NemoNano with a very bazaar problem

NemoNano with a very bazaar problem

Hello, my name is NemoNano and I have been a part of this hobby for 5 years, starting out with my a 55-gallon fresh water aquarium. This past year I started a new project with the addition of my Nano salt water aquarium. It is a 12-gallon tank, a home to two clown fish and a cleanup crew. But I have been faced with the strangest event of my hobby career. After allowing the tank to run for 8 months, I added the addition of a rose bubble tip anemone. This guy liked to hide in and out of rocks and was absolutely stunning. After two months of having the Rose Bubble Tip Anemone, he completely disappeared along with my fire shrimp (all in the same day). I have no clue what happened to either of them. For two months I have been keeping an eye out for the Anemone in hopes that he is just hiding in the rocks (but I don't know how he would get any food this way). As for the fire shrimp, I did fine one of his legs in the sand. I regularly check my parameters as I do with the fresh water tank, and had zero sign of disturbances in the water. My parameters are (Gravity 1.023) (Temperature 78F) (pH 8.2) (Ammonia 0) (Nitrite 0) (Nitrate <1.0 ppm). I had a 50/50 light for the Anemone but it was too hot for the light casing that came with the tank (marineland eclipse 12), so I resorted to going back to its original lighting (and yes I did have the 50/50 on during the first month and a half the Anemone was in the tank). Could the lighting have caused the anemone to go into hiding for such a long time? Do you guys think he is still alive? There are zero traces of him in the filter nor the protein skimmer. I also have learned that when the anemone would die it could will the population of the tank, but considering the size of the tank, I believe they all should have died if this was the case. Thanks.

New, but not. Been keeping fish tanks since the 60s, had a 60g mixed reef back in the 80s and ran away screaming. Slipped back in about 2 years ago, now have a 34g nano from RedSea.

Kinda of quiet in here? ECHO .... Echo ... echo ....

The main page for MASC is quiet as well. Not the activity I once loved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,
I'm Sean.
Looking for a solid steel stand made from 2" square steel. Anyone know anyone who welds these?

Back