Invert to clear up bristle worms?

hooterhead

I've been noticing more and more bristle worms in my seahorse tank. Is there a crab or something that will help to clear these up as all the fish that will (of the ones that i know of) won't be a good choice to mix with the ponies. anybody got any ideas?

Why get rid of them?
Agree, they are beneficial to your tank by help keeping the substrate clean. You don't need to worry about them until you start to see things missing, which is unlikely if you supply adequate food to your tank. There isn't any invert that I can think of right now that will take care of the worms yet not harm your seahorses. Let me ponder on that a bit....

I actually am a fan of bristle worms. but I seem to remember reading something where seahorses might try and eat them and for some reason it's bad for them. I can't remember the details at the moment but I do remember hearing it somewhere. I'll go ask in the seahorse forum. mods feel free to delete this post.

That's an old story that's making the rounds. Kieron Dobbs specifically referred to it in his article on bristle worms in February's Tropical Fish Hobbyist. He said there was no truth in it at all.

Back