is there something im missing with this mr2?

skwirl

i hope its user error, but i cant get my skimmer to do anything. the bubbles seem to be too big. they just burst at water level. it looks almost like im skimming fresh water. it does'nt rise at all, not even a quarter inch. anybody know why this might happen. the bubbles are larger than i thought they wiuld be, and all i get is a bunch of turbulence.

Does the Beckett have crud in it? Do you have the air valve opened all the way up (if so, throttle it back some)? They often require a day or two to break in before they start skimming properly, and another few days to tweak the air valve to achieve the desired results.

i took the beckett apart and got the trash out of it, and i have the valve almost all the way off, but still nothing. if i open the valve any more than it is, i get so much turbulence in the water its like it just washes the stuff around

How long has it been running? As Dave said, it normally takes some time for mine to skim after a really good cleaning. During the first week you will likely have to adjust the output gate valve and the air input MANY times. Then again, I still adjust mine, so it may be a never ending process.

Did you plumb it with the waterline of the box about level with the waterline of the sump? Did you plumb it externally?

At this time you might want to close off your output to raise it 3/4 way up the first level of your riser. Then you can back it down in a day or two or three. This also allows you to see where to set your air valve so it's creating the best bubble size. Trust me, you will not get it perfectly dialed in in a day or three. Play with it for a week or two, that's part of the reason you payed the $ isnt it?

Did you plumb it with the waterline of the box about level with the waterline of the sump? Did you plumb it externally? Snap a pic for us to see and help better.

ok i got it, its still not skimming, but the problem was air was leaking in from where the top goes on the beckett, so i put some plumbers tape around it, and the bubbles got smaller, and i can control the airflow. its still not skimming, but it looks like its beginning to thicken up at the top.

Back