Is Zeovit still tried and true? been absent for about 4 year and seems much has changed

banthonyb71

Im just wondering if the popularity of zeovit died for any particular reason such as not as beneficial as once thought?

before I took a break from the hobby I had done a ton of research on it and it was mostly great reviews. However the other day when contacting avast marine and asked them why they discontinued their zeovit reactor this was their response "Honestly zeovit popularity has dropped over the years and we see more folks leaning towards higher nutrient levels and ICP testing instead of ultra low nutrient and dosing bacteria. Since this aligns with how we personally run our tanks it wasn't something we wanted to continue to build and promote."

So is icp testing the next best thing? Doesn't that require getting your water sent out to test? Was having ultra low nutrients ever a good thing?

Been keeping marine tanks since the mid 80’s and reef tanks since 1990. Never tried Zeo and haven’t heard of anyone using it in a long time.

As Avast mentioned, ULNS have become recognized as not necessary (bad) for a lot of corals. For example, back in the day, I tried to reach zero nitrates and phosphates…as a result, I couldn’t keep one of my favorite corals, R. Florida.

Here are the parameters we shoot for today. Following these parameters, I’m keeping quite a few SPS, Zoas, Rics, Gorgs, anemones and a T. Maxima.

Back