It's Identify Time. V.liverockhitchiker

Ktreece

I've been searching through the hitchikers guides in the sticky and I can't seem to find this guy. I've identified nearly everything else on my liverock, and my luck of feeding the bad stuff because I thought it was good (Apistasias), I figured I would ask. I assume this thing is a good creature to have... but I don't know.

6fujv7.jpg

Meh, blurry picture. Hopefully you can make it out. I have about 8 of these on the piece of liverock.

Looks like a cup coral skeleton. Is there any flesh on it at all - hard to tell from the pic.

Aiptasias are not good, you got that right, lol.

Are you asking about the coral or the white dot on it? it's really hard to tell but it could be some sort of snail or slug. Next time you see it try to take a closer picture, even if you have to remove it out of the tank for a few seconds.

Cheers.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15477348#post15477348 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MichaelLitoris
Aiptasias are not good, you got that right, lol.

Are you asking about the coral or the white dot on it? it's really hard to tell but it could be some sort of snail or slug. Next time you see it try to take a closer picture, even if you have to remove it out of the tank for a few seconds.

Cheers.

The coral looking stuff? It's all over my liverock and tenacles come out of the coral and the coral is hard.

Its a tube coral, you can find better pics on floridaliverock.com under the species list link. I also think there are some pics on tampabaysaltwater.com under the same type of link

Back