January 4th Meeting: Controllers

Dejavu

ReefKeeping Mag staff
Team RC
January 4th: Controllers: Brian, Nick and Chad

Mon 7pm-9pm At Calvin Christian Elementary School, in the Library.
Located at: 601 36th St SW Wyoming, MI 49509.

Topic of Meeting:
-Tank Talk

-Hanna- Bring in your water sample and get your phosphate checked for $0.50 per test

-Give away (will be announced at the meeting)

-Please bring any library book back

-Auction
Bring your frags or equipment in to sell. 70%/30% slit.

Chad and I are planning on being there! Now that Chad has his Reef Keeper Elite and might have gotten around to setting up the Reef Keeper lite- he can add some valuable info to the presentation about controllers!

We have some misc equipment to sell that I have not bothered to list on Craigslist or MR yet or even on Reef Central yet- if anyone is intersted let me know and I can send you some pics....3

I have a CPR bak Pak skimmer that might be pending along with a canister filter that might also be pending.

We have a 46 gallon bowfront in oak trim with matching stand, regular strip light and lid (was set up for freshwater only)- only used for 6 months before my husband decided he wanted a 6 foot reef tank instead. asking $125 OBO

We also have a 28 gallon Marineland bowfront with glass top/hinge and glass back that is shorter to be able to hang a filter or protein skimmer- had been freshwater only for about 4 months previously. No stand. $35 OBO

We also have the lighting system from the 20 gallon high- Aquactinics T5 24 inch lighting system- these sell for brand new $400 with no bulbs included- asking $225 OBO which includes the 5 bulbs already in the fixture (some white and some actinic) and the other brand new 2 bulbs (1 white 1 actinic)- each bulb brand new costs about $20. Also included is the riser brackets to keep the fixture from resting on top on the tank (which caused heat issues).

We also have a Rio nano skimmer which is good for SMALL tank probably 12 gallons and under- it is touchy to adjust to get to skim properly due to the set up of the water flow dial- used on an 12 gallon eclipse for about a year. Asking $10

We also have the 12 gallon eclipse with some mods to make it more suitable for saltwater and higher temp and sunpaq upgraded lighting $20- does need a new bulb now- figures now that we took it down the bulb burned out.

If interested in any of these we can bring or I can send you some pics- the 46 bowfront might be a tight squeak into the car.

If anyone has any empty 5 gallon salt buckets (preferabley with lid- but OK without lid) that they would like to donate to a 4H group if you bring them to the meeting on Monday I can take them to the barn where the Bands and Braids 4H club meets. They are looking to clean them out and use them for storage, watering, cleaning, etc. Especially now that the mice have moved indoors for the winter everything needs to be kept contained- but they can use lidless ones for water or even obstacles in the indoor arena. Once they get enough they plan on painting them as one of their group meetings.

Thanks-
Julie

http://www.therusticstarhorseboarding.com/4hclub.html

The Bak Pak with preskimmer box and upgraded Acella pump for $65 OBO and and XPI1Filstar canister filter are both available- for $35 OBO- we had been using canister to run media like carbon and phosphate remover. We had a no-show thru Craigslist. Pics are available of both items if someone is interested.
I will probably be posting this stuff in the next week or 2 on MR- but thought I would mention to club members first.

Thanks

Back