January meeting: Is there going to be one?

pwhitby

RC Sponsor
Team RC
Hi all,

Just curious if there is to be a meeting this month or not? is there any form of a membership drive planned?

I think in the past 5 years the world has become antisocial and just wants to live their lives through Facebook. "joke" But if COMAS has a meeting planned and I am off I'll go! I havent been to one in like 8 years

I too would like to know. I asked several people at last Sunday's OK Reef Community meeting what the status of COMAS and no one could tell me.

The simple answer is No. There is no leadership team, let alone an actual membership. There was ONE person who paid their dues. We asked for months for people to step up and take the LT positions as no-one from last year's group would be able to do it again this year.

We have continued to maintain the frag tank and it's inhabitants. Hoping that someone would find the fortitude to step and take the reins and lead the club forward.

Participation has been at a steady decline for quite some time. Without it the club is doomed.

Even the frag program had seen little actual use, it's the same 3 or 4 people over and over again.

So once again, someone, anyone please step up and lead the club forward.

sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2!

I personally believe there is still value in having this club around, and allot to be gained in being a member. I would take on a LT position myself, but I'm retiring from the Navy and leaving Oklahoma in June. If there is anyone out there that is hesitant to take on a role, I will be there to help until June.

James

OKC Chief, I can tag team it with you, I originally thought I was going to be moving, but I am no longer having to move.

Madkat, Tek thanks for your support. Well it looks like we have a leadership team. Anyone else up for a challenge?

There is still enormous value in COMAS, the library and the frag program are a plethora of information and lots of nice coral available for just the cost of a membership!

Ken, James and Vu, give me a call.

sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2!

I have a Blue Zoa frag to pass back into the club whenever the frag tank gets sorted out. I still don't have the time to do much of anything with the club. It would be rather sad to see it go, but we built it from four people the first time. It can be done again.

The Club WON'T be going away just yet! If Ken, Vu and James can't take over Myself and the wife will make time for the remainder of the year and we can hopefully get a good team lined up for next year.

Back