January Meeting? Where and when??

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8888809#post8888809 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by debdellac
Sorry...been out of the loop with the dreaded flu for 2 weeks...im confused as to the date?

Debby

Glad you are feeling better Deb! The meet is on Jan 28th from 12-4. :)

The meeting will be Sunday Jan 24th from noon to 4 PM. I aim to start the frag selling/auction portion around 1. The adress is 15 King St in Portland. Detailed direction follow. I'll make a decent amount of food but please bring whatever you want to drink.

The easiest way to describe is from I-95. Take I-95 to exit 48 (formerly 8)

At the light take a right onto Riverside.

At the second light (~ ½ mile or so and the first light is for Home Depot) take a right onto Warren Ave.

Drive to the light at the end of Warren and take a left onto Forest Ave (aka Highway 302)

On the left in a couple hundred meters at the bottom of a small hill is Avalon Dr. Look for the first break in the double yellow. Take a left and drive to the end then take a right on the small dirt road called King St. 15 King is the only house on the right where King ends. There should be plenty of parking.

If you dislike paying tolls like me you could also take 295 to the Forest ave exit (Mapquest says this is exit 6B)

Head away from downtown on Forest ave (hwy 302 This is a Rt if coming from N or a Left if from S.)

It is about 3 miles to Avalon. You,ll veer right near Duncan Donuts and see Woodfords corner, keep going straight on 302.

Proceed through the light at Morrill,s corner (McDs on L and Wok Inn on Rt).

After Morrill’s corner the next light will be Warren Ave, go through the light

On the left in a couple hundred meters at the bottom of a small hill is Avalon Dr. Take a left and drive to the end then take a right on the small dirt road called King St. 15 King is the only house on the right where King ends.

Avalon is sort of tricky to see, look for the break in the yellow line. If you miss it take the next road to the left (Hicks). You can then get to Avalon by the next left (Dorothy).

Call 207-878-8975 if you have any problems finding the place.

The 24th does work better since it's not on a freakin' Thursday.. LOL

Hey Deb, does this mean you can go now since you won't have to leave work early? :rolleye1:

that's it, I am going to buy a calendar or better yet, start pulling up Outlook before I open my mouth!

I have the 28th on my calendar. I think Matt meant Sunday the 28th... The 24th is indeed a Wednesday! Maybe he is having a stressful week and we all need to go hug him a few times~!

<giggle>
Laurie

Yeah... just wait until you do that with your significant other's birthday... DOH!!!!! So this year, I just got him his gift in January so I am home free when it rolls around in Febuary!!!

<grin>
Laurie

We would love to see you there! Bring yourself and a few bucks if you want to pick up a frag or two. Snacks are always welcome of course!

Dave

Hey guys, just got done my job and haven't gotten another one yet so I can go! I've just decided to change my reef over to sps with just mushrooms along the bottom, so...............I need mucho sps frags at minimum $$. No job, no money. Sooooo keep me in mind if any of you have sps frags, no matter how small and since I have only 1 at present that Mitzi gave me any and all are welcome. See you all the 28th at Matt's. Anyone going from the Gardiner/Augusta area? I'd like to rideshare. I get lost real easy.
Sue

Finally, a meeting on a day that I have off. I have only been lurking for 2 years...perhaps it is time finally to make a meeting, and pay dues.

Never having been to a meeting is there anything I should bring? I am hearing a little of Frag trading/selling at the meeting. I don't have anything to trade (yet), but will there be some frags to buy?

There was also talk of doing the MaxiJet Mod at the beginning of the thread. I would love to do that at a meeting with some other people...my DIY work usually ends up disasterous when I do it alone. If we are doing to do that, we should get a count of who wants the MaxiJet mod and order enough to do them. I am leaning towards the Medium Flow mod. Can get 4 for $94.99..which is $2 cheaper each than if you bought it separately.

Hope to see you there.

Steve

Grrr...

Disregard my last post...I will NOT be able to make it to the meeting. I am working...got my weekends messed up. Oh well...maybe next time

Steve

Back