japanese gallery...

The Japanese have a knack for doing some of the most insane stuff with plants and fishtanks. If you think their fishtanks are cool, you should see what they've been doing with the breeding of succulent plants and orchids over the past few years. I can tell you from experience, plant people are just as insane as fishtank people.

If you really want to blow your mind, take a look at how they plumb and light their tanks. It's very different than the way it's done in the US and Europe-- they have all kinds of super small almost invisible pumps and plumbing materials & high powered low profile lighting. Look at their stuff if you want to see what we'll all be doing in a few more years.

Interesting Sump.

168147m103.jpg

Last edited:
you guys have anymore info on ozone? i'm looking for links on where to readup & purchase.

google is giving me chemistry tests about Ozone but no products

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11685264#post11685264 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Twz
Any One know what this is?
s-m104.jpg

This is what I thought were eggs, but there are no additional filtration equipment. Anyone know of any japanese online fish store? I can TRY to translate.

so i've been researching a lot of japanese sites recently because i think i've searched whatever possible in the states.

hope you enjoy more of the below sites...

---
i was really hoping they would release this mame (meaning bean, or small) skimmer here... i would LOVE it in my 30cm ADA cube.
tiny skimmer

IMGP17912.jpg

the fuge! of this guy's tank ...
(you can see part of his set up too.)
the spikefin goby in japan is about 30bucks. i'll take a pair, please.

beautiful flash site (in engrish too!) of a guy's tank. (check out photo 26/26 in his gallery.)

and lastly, for DIY fans (i hope the photos help at least! just start clicking away. i.e. first is a mini chiller for his 20cm cube.)
dyi page with diagrams.
or this simple DIY for overflow valve

---

still don't know if those are eggs. ill try emailing them when i have some more time.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11688867#post11688867 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by seapug
mouscacha, go here and tell us about it.

http://www.splash-sea.co.jp/

What do you guys want to know about it.

It's just a mail order site for corals. First paragraph is an intro about how they ship corals. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd topics are why they're better than their competitors.

1st link is online shopping
2nd link is intro to fish tanks
3rd link is intro to the store
4th link is illustrations of organisms
5th link is the subject of intro to organisms
6th link are links

Nothing really about the site...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11688931#post11688931 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by silenceisgolden
also, i'm quite new to this, still in the researching and 'starting' phase with nano tanks. (with a tiny budget.) so i can't help with the ozone. but i will try to ask that 'gallery charm' what those eggs are.
maybe it's ceramic.
http://www.charm.jp/netlink/rent/chanet/shopping.cgi
this is the webstore for the charm LFS. i can't find something like it.

The stuff they sell on here are the ceramics for the canisters. The balls look pretty darn different from the stuff they're selling. Can someone find a site with the balls on it? I'll try looking myself. I REALLY want to know what that stuff is, and try to get some for testing :)

They sure do have some interesting media for gravel and such though...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11688768#post11688768 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by silenceisgolden
so i've been researching a lot of japanese sites recently because i think i've searched whatever possible in the states.

hope you enjoy more of the below sites...

---
i was really hoping they would release this mame (meaning bean, or small) skimmer here... i would LOVE it in my 30cm ADA cube.
tiny skimmer

http://mame-design.jp/aqua/index.html - the skimmer is powered by an airstone. #6 says it's a Mame designed stone.

IMGP17912.jpg

the fuge! of this guy's tank ...
(you can see part of his set up too.)
the spikefin goby in japan is about 30bucks. i'll take a pair, please.

beautiful flash site (in engrish too!) of a guy's tank. (check out photo 26/26 in his gallery.)

and lastly, for DIY fans (i hope the photos help at least! just start clicking away. i.e. first is a mini chiller for his 20cm cube.)
dyi page with diagrams.
or this simple DIY for overflow valve

---

still don't know if those are eggs. ill try emailing them when i have some more time.

Thanks mousacha, I was just wondering if they have any info about their plumbing/lighting/filtration systems that seems "different".

I'll assume "zukan" means coral? Did you see that selection of scolymia and other LPS? Atlantis Marine Aquarium is the only place in the US that sells stuff like that, and their's aren't quite as stunnng as some of the Japanese ones. Dang.....

if you look next to it there is seachem phos guard...Al based po4 remover. that may not be what's in there, but it can realy clear up water quickly.

ozone is not needed for crystal clear water. jmo.

Seachem Renew is advertised as a carbon substitute:

"Seachem Renewâ"žÂ¢ Filter Media is an effective and economical replacement for activated carbon. While Renewâ"žÂ¢ is capable of organic removal and sub-micron filtration, it is less aggressive than carbon. It will not alter pH, remove trace elements, or release phosphates. It is suited for the reef or planted aquaria where aggressive chemical action may be a problem. A 250 mL bottle of Renewâ"žÂ¢ treats up to 40 gallons for several months. Marine or freshwater use."

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11692501#post11692501 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by seapug
Thanks mousacha, I was just wondering if they have any info about their plumbing/lighting/filtration systems that seems "different".

I'll assume "zukan" means coral? Did you see that selection of scolymia and other LPS? Atlantis Marine Aquarium is the only place in the US that sells stuff like that, and their's aren't quite as stunnng as some of the Japanese ones. Dang.....

'zukan' means encyclopedia... or a big listing such as in an encylcopedia.
coral is 'sango'. :)

ahh, thanks. All I need to know now is how to say "I'll take that one and that one and that one" in Japanese...hehe

We as in USA and others so so far behind in technology. I had the chance to go there for 6 months. Never thought about bringing back equipment. Even if I did it would probably blow up as they use different wattage

Back