Jay's New Bigger... But Still Little Ocean - 425 gallons.

Are those AI 26HD's and 52 HD's (or 32\64's)? I ask because I own both 26 and 32 HD's and I upgraded the 26HD with Luxdium pucks and wow what a difference! Highly impressed with their offerings.

Are those AI 26HD's and 52 HD's (or 32\64's)? I ask because I own both 26 and 32 HD's and I upgraded the 26HD with Luxdium pucks and wow what a difference! Highly impressed with their offerings.

They are 26’s and 64’s. Honestly, the one thing that I didn’t anticipate was the need for more lighting. So I have a number of 64’s that I need to purchase. My only complaint is the removal of the WiFi access for control for this model.

You might consider picking up used 26\52 HDs and upgrading to the Luxdium pucks. For me, it came out to be almost the same as buying new 32HDs, but I like the Luxdium spectrum offerings and power better than OEM and you keep the WiFi access. Not sure why they removed that feature as I heard the WiFi module was still inside the 32\64 HDs, but not accessible.

It's a bit difficult to take any detailed photographs currently with the placement against the wall of the overflow. But I will did my best at the moment. The overflow design was the creation of Joe at glass cages. Originally I wanted to go with a full coast to coast overflow but Joe had an idea and I gave him full creative freedom to design this. The name Joe came up with was a ghost overflow. It is located on the rear pane of the aquarium and is comprise of 4 panes of glass. The front portion is a removable Weir and the Top an Acrylic Lid. Its measurements are 48 Inches in Length x 8 Inches in Height x 6 Inches in Depth and holds approximately 8.1 gallons of water at the current fill rate. It contains six 1.5 Inch Drains (x2 Dorso style drains, x2 standpipes with strainers and 2 emergency drains). I currently have the MP10W situated on the left side of the overflow along with two Neptune Systems Apex Temperature Probes (one of the left and one on the right). I also have a Titanium Rid-Volt installed on the right hand side.

So, I finally got fed up over the weekend with the extremely limited flow that my EcoTech Vectra Return Pumps were producing and decided it was time for the Abyzz, I mostly blamed the few of you who commented on me needing an Abyzz and when discussing with my wife. But it's installed and I believe I may have gone too large for the 1 inch return. But the difference is indeed night and day.

Video of Sump Return Area with Dual Ecotech Marine Vectra L2 Pumps installed.

Video of Sump Return Area with Single Abyzz A200 DC Pump installed.

I had some 3/4 inch scrap wood in the garage and some time this evening to work on getting a backing installed underneath the display to start cleaning up my mess of wires. Combined with a few creations from the 3D Printer, I think things started coming out nicely.

I decided to switch gears today and work on getting the Neptune Systems DOS and DDR setup underneath my aquarium stand in order do daily dosing of 100ml of Algae Barn's Ocean Magik Phytoplankton. So I finally got around to drilling three holes through the refrigerator door, which was surprisingly simpler than I had expected. 1 hole was for the rigid tubing for the Ocean Magik, 1 hole will be for Red Sea Reef Energy AB+ and the last larger hole was for the DDR Cable. The only sealing that I needed to do what the larger hole which I used black aquarium silicone to fill in the hole. Neptune Systems Support Team shared with me information on how to program the DOS to feed the liquid phytoplankton and then run in reverse when completed to purchase the lines of any food. It works like a charm! Best daily project to date.

Very impressed so far. If I lug a tiny refrigerator into the equipment room - that will be the end of me.

Last edited:
So I have spent a fortune in the last 5 days - first time in close to 10 years I have spent a PENNY on the tank.
GHL P4
2 Dosers
KH director
SQ510 per meter
Reef Octopus 200-EXT skimmer
Milwaukee Salinty meter (No idea why... but I did)
Varios 4 pump (to feed skimmer)

I coulda bought a used car...

Still - I should be happy with all of these new toys...

And all i can think about is the pump envy that I am currently experiencing after catching up on your thread.

Back