JCole's box of rocks

confetti.jpg

Thanks. I'll try to check my Veron books this weekend as I am curious. Yes, I miss the days of us trying to find the scientific names rather than just slapping a fancy name on corals to justify a huge price tag :ROFLMAO:
I think we should make it a forum rule to stomp anyone who doesn't use the Latin names. It'll be our own version of the Tang Police. Name Police?:p

Of course that would mean I would have to learn a Latin name...:unsure:

Thanks. I'll try to check my Veron books this weekend as I am curious. Yes, I miss the days of us trying to find the scientific names rather than just slapping a fancy name on corals to justify a huge price tag :ROFLMAO:

Me too! I am not into the names either. Just tell me the color and growth pattern and I am good.

Unfortunately, an Acropora Tenuis doesn't bring in the big bucks like a Ultra Rare Rainbow Rootie Tootie Fresh and Fruity piece.

I think we should make it a forum rule to stomp anyone who doesn't use the Latin names. It'll be our own version of the Tang Police. Name Police?:p

Of course that would mean I would have to learn a Latin name...:unsure:

Give it some time and A.I. will do it for you. That would actually be pretty cool now that I think about it.

Someone ask A.I. to create an A.I. program for corals. ;)

The Hulk

It is hard to capture the fluorescence of this piece. It glows green from across the room. Nothing crazy, but green is also beautiful.

Hulk.jpg

What I like the most about this piece is the new growth. The new growth has a white body and yellow polyps with green tips.

Hulk-1.jpg

Yessir! I would love a good ol brown cervicornis right about now.....
I would kill for an A. Cervicornis or A. Prolifera. Check these pics out from Pennecamp State Park last year.

Attachments

• IMG_7330.jpeg
    IMG_7330.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7329.jpeg
    IMG_7329.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
I would kill for an A. Cervicornis or A. Prolifera. Check these pics out from Pennecamp State Park last year.

Nice! I was down in the keys last June and saw some nice pieces at the aquarium. I would like to get the stuber acro from ORA. It's a nice brown stag with blue tips.

Nice! I was down in the keys last June and saw some nice pieces at the aquarium. I would like to get the stuber acro from ORA. It's a nice brown stag with blue tips.
Hadn’t heard of that one until your post. Definitely want one of those.

Hadn’t heard of that one until your post. Definitely want one of those.

It's cool and one I have always wanted. It has a cool history and lineage. It was imported from Europe and was the first Acro ever kept in captivity(supposedly). ORA claims to have that same acro which is pretty inpressive just for the lineage.

It's cool and one I have always wanted. It has a cool history and lineage. It was imported from Europe and was the first Acro ever kept in captivity(supposedly). ORA claims to have that same acro which is pretty inpressive just for the lineage.

@griss

From ORA site.

stuberstag-2.jpg

The Stuber Stag sold produced at ORA is a direct descendent of the famous Stuber colony, one of the first corals to ever be kept in captivity and one of the oldest ORA corals available. It is a long branching coral with a chocolate brown base and baby blue growth tips. Stuber also has distinctive corallites that are longer and wider spaced than most of our other Stags. This coral grows more vertical then horizontal, so make sure to leave space above.

Ah, you sparked a memory. I remember hearing about that a long time ago. Had completely forgotten about that one.

Back