Jebao DCP return pump?

It's pretty awesome even if it's max flow or head isn't 100% accurate.

97f3ebd9f20bb864d41f8260fcfe72bd.jpg

082b89ba0d296530fc464fd291da3872.jpg

7a84701f1f4017767b17f93da7d93f4b.jpg

I find it quieter then the waveline dc12000 when I first ran it but the waveline did quiet down a lot over a few weeks to being almost silent at 100%.

I'm impressed it can go up in 1% increments from 30% to 100%. And I really like it gives how many watts are being pulled by the pump. Killawatt is higher from the wall.

Watts sent to pump at 30%
110cb0f836e13558deccff77adefcd5e.jpg

1% increments
d9257aa6c3c5419186259550f400e61f.jpg

Here's a quick first look and going to run the pump at 100% to get a good running average so these numbers will most likely change a bit over time but not by very much.
55be206ce1e365b22e7dc53e130f00d0.jpg
Still running strong. Haven't touched it.

Sounds about right. It's been humming along quietly. I have a jebao return too I think is a dct model. 15000 maybe? that's been running quite a bit longer. Haven't touched it either. I'd have to go back in my journal to look at specifics.

The DCP is their 4th generation I think (DC, DCS, DCT, DCP), and I think is as good as it can get. maybe some minor non essential improvement can still be made, but I think is pretty good as it is. I think its been a while since this first came out, maybe mid-late 2016 (first post of this thread is august 2016)?

My DCP-8000 is great, been running as a return for over a year and moved it to my life reef skimmer a few days ago. I recently moved and get brownouts routinely at my new house. The DCP controller goes into error mode for some reason and needs to be powered off and back on to work properly and I came home multiple times to the return off for who knows how long. This is whatever on my Skimmer but unacceptable for a return pump. I havnt experience the same issue yet with the VarioS I replaced it with and the dcp is a monster when paired with a lifereef skimmer so I am still very happy overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in the process of setting up my 75 gallon after 8 year hiatus. The problem I'm having is, I'm not sure the dcp8000 will fit. The return section on my sump is exactly 4". Is there anyway I can fit it in there?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I am in the process of setting up my 75 gallon after 8 year hiatus. The problem I'm having is, I'm not sure the dcp8000 will fit. The return section on my sump is exactly 4". Is there anyway I can fit it in there?

Nope.. Its just slightly over 4" in width..

Well that's not what I wanted to hear.

I built an acyric box that I was going to use as a WTO, maybe I can just plumb it in next to it for a return section. Just to get me going and build another sump with the design I need.

Well that's not what I wanted to hear.

I built an acyric box that I was going to use as a WTO, maybe I can just plumb it in next to it for a return section. Just to get me going and build another sump with the design I need.

Got pics of your sump?
can you maybe run it backwards or something?

My DCP-8000 is great, been running as a return for over a year and moved it to my life reef skimmer a few days ago. I recently moved and get brownouts routinely at my new house. The DCP controller goes into error mode for some reason and needs to be powered off and back on to work properly and I came home multiple times to the return off for who knows how long. This is whatever on my Skimmer but unacceptable for a return pump. I havnt experience the same issue yet with the VarioS I replaced it with and the dcp is a monster when paired with a lifereef skimmer so I am still very happy overall.

I'm looking to pick up a SVS3-30 - do you have a model recommendation for the DCP? I was thinking the DCP8000 should provide enough flow.

-Mark

I'm looking to pick up a SVS3-30 - do you have a model recommendation for the DCP? I was thinking the DCP8000 should provide enough flow.

-Mark

I'm running the 8000 at 80% to get approximately 1700gph flowing through the skimmer. I can't find the thread right now but other users ran tests on the standard Venturi and found air injection was maxed at right around 1600gph so an 8000 is perfect if ran in that 80-85% range.

wondering.. read through all this..

do we have info on DCP18000 running as return pump with to push water up 5 meters.. or 15 feet i should say.

I have a 15 year iwaki rlt 100 that is .. i think about to fail...

my apex is showing that it is pushing 1250 gallons roughly per hour at that height.. wondering if the DCP 18000 can at least match that..

Back