Jebao DCP return pump?

Mr. Comer

I'm looking to upgrade my return pump and ran into the "new" DCP 6500. I was going to buy another DCT-6500 but this looks interesting. Anyone buy one yet?

Looks like they are now sine wave and have standard US fittings for hard plumbing. The controller box also looks beefier somewhat. Might have to pick one up once fish street gets them in.

Its an AC pump??
It's most likely the same as the Deepwater Aquatics pump from an electrical point ... so AC from the wall outlet gets converted to DC by the power supply and then the DC gets converted to a sine wave that probably doesn't alternate (ie: voltage doesn't reverse) by the controller. Why a sine wave is better than pulse width modulation that their previous models used I'm not sure though.

Thanks,
Harry

It's most likely the same as the Deepwater Aquatics pump from an electrical point ... so AC from the wall outlet gets converted to DC by the power supply and then the DC gets converted to a sine wave that probably doesn't alternate (ie: voltage doesn't reverse) by the controller. Why a sine wave is better than pulse width modulation that their previous models used I'm not sure though.

Thanks,
Harry
Thanks for the explanation. From the tag line on one of the pictures, I suspect it is to make the pump quieter.

Thanks for the explanation. From the tag line on one of the pictures, I suspect it is to make the pump quieter.
Actually that would make sense. Pulse Width Modulation had abrupt changes from on to off which might cause vibrations. Using a sine wave that gradually changes from on to off would probably help.

Thanks,
Harry

Despite what some say about "cheap Chinese junk" these guys seem to be working hard to improve their pump. I think this is the third new release in three years.

Despite what some say about "cheap Chinese junk" these guys seem to be working hard to improve their pump. I think this is the third new release in three years.

It's the 4th gen actually. DC, DCT, DCS and Now DCP. The DCS line really isn't that old. I bought a DCT4000 and I'm very happy with it for now. Glad to see they are trying to improve their product and I hope they do the same with the Crossflow pumps also.

It's the 4th gen actually. DC, DCT, DCS and Now DCP. The DCS line really isn't that old. I bought a DCT4000 and I'm very happy with it for now. Glad to see they are trying to improve their product and I hope they do the same with the Crossflow pumps also.

+1

I have 3 original DC12000 that all work 100% OK after 3 years. With my new build I just got a DCT15000 used for a month by a friend and it works great as well. BTW my Crossflow works just as well as my Maxspect Gyre. The controller is quite as good, but for way less than 1/2 the cost...

I ordered the DCP-6500 today and it's supposed to be here by Friday. I'll keep you all posted.

Nice. Let us know how fast you get it as I think I'm going to order the DCP-8000 for new tank. I like the US fittings now for hard plumb which will make it super easy for manifold.

I received my dcp-6500 two days early! I decided to run in on my lifereef skimmer instead of my return just incase of a failure. I moved my dct-6000 to my return since it's ran flawless the last six months.

Initial impressions:
-build quality seems better than the dct-6000
-display module looks and feels higher quality
-kind of cool seeing the actual watts
-so far it is quieter than the dct-6000 but it's to early to tell
-it does not come with a barbed fittings so a little hard plumbing was needed

After hour one I am very happy with this purchase. Feel free to ask any questions.

Looks very promissing. So far I am happy with both my DCT 6000s. Might get a DCP and turn one of the DCT as a spare. Looked up videos on it and so far none.

Hopefully this thread stays current with feedback. I'm interested in doing some big changes to my tank including a new pump.

I received my dcp-6500 two days early! I decided to run in on my lifereef skimmer instead of my return just incase of a failure. I moved my dct-6000 to my return since it's ran flawless the last six months.

Initial impressions:
-build quality seems better than the dct-6000
-display module looks and feels higher quality
-kind of cool seeing the actual watts
-so far it is quieter than the dct-6000 but it's to early to tell
-it does not come with a barbed fittings so a little hard plumbing was needed

After hour one I am very happy with this purchase. Feel free to ask any questions.

How many feet of head do you have?

Back