June 2010 Tank of the Month

Absolutely beautiful tank!

Everything seems to be more beautiful if you have someone you can always share your passion and emotions with.

^Couldn't agree more.

Question: Do your angels nip at the polyps or your clam? I just double checked to see if you have a clam, it does look like one in the first pic, but I don't see it listed anywhere.

Very nice tank! I love the diversity of the colors throughout the scaping. It's tanks like this that give the newer generation of hobbyists, like myself, continuous inspiration to learn and one day have enjoyment of success like yourself!! :thumbsup:

Thank you. I'm glad you like my tank and wish you all best.

Krzysztof

Krzysztof,

Congratulation!
One of the best tank in this world.

Cheers,

There are so many beautiful tanks here, there and everywhere. Look around better !
Thanks, you're always so friendly and generous with compliments.

Krzysztof

Awesome reef! It sounded like you used to run zeovit system. Are you still running it or did you just take some of the ideas from it. What can you tell us about maintaining nice rich colors?

Thank you a lot.
I stopped zeovit system nearly completely in February. For some time I have added some left over zeo products. At present there are only live rocks, the sand the amount of which I'm gradually reducing, a skimmer and reactor with NP-reducing BioPellets.
In my opinion zeovit is only for the most advanced aquarists. It teaches us more discipline and diligence. Thanks to zeo I fully realized the importance of bacteria in a system.
Health and colour of corals depends on many aspects. One of the most important ones for me is low NO3 and PO4 levels and adequate feeding of corals. It might seem that these are contradictory, but it doesn't have to be so if you find a filtration system that works for your tank.

Krzysztof

Congratulation Krzysztof,

Beautiful Tank. Well Done..... :thumbsup:....
To maintain calcium and alkalinity, how much ml (Milliliter) you dose the tank every day.

Thank you, syedjilani.
I dose 170 ml of calcium and 750 ml of alkalinity every day.

Krzysztof

just amazing,

i was on the fence on starting the NP Biopellets in my system and now i cant place the order fast enough :)

How much do you use.

P.S Your now my wallpaper :)

Thanks, stone.david.

I began with 1 liter of NP BP. Recently I've added one Australian Anthias (Latus Serranocirrhiu) and 10 of Anthias evansi (Mirolabrichthys evansi), so I increased the quantity of new formula NP BP to 1,5 l.
New fish are quite photogenic, look at them:

001.jpg

002.jpg

Krzysztof

Thank you, Tobes and NexDog.

Yes, I use the DIY 2-part recipe and it works for my tank very well. Mg level is rather stable and it is adjusted from time to time.

Krzysztof

Absolutely beautiful tank!

^Couldn't agree more.

Question: Do your angels nip at the polyps or your clam? I just double checked to see if you have a clam, it does look like one in the first pic, but I don't see it listed anywhere.

I've been lucky man so far, my angels are well-mannered and don't nip neither the polyps nor my single clam :)
Sorry, I forgot to list my clam.

Krzysztof

Congratulations Krzysztof, a well deserved TOTM.
A real pleasure looking at your wonderful reef, keep up the good work :thumbsup:

-congratulations Krzysztof with your well deserved totm June :thumbsup:
You are a true inspiration for new ones like me.

greetingzz tntneon:)

Congratulations Krzysztof, a well deserved TOTM.
A real pleasure looking at your wonderful reef, keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot, Baros. As you see, I've changed the salt twice since we talked about it last time.

Cheers,
Krzysztof

-congratulations Krzysztof with your well deserved totm June :thumbsup:
You are a true inspiration for new ones like me.

greetingzz tntneon:)

Thank you, tntneon. I like reading what you write on RC.
Best wishes,

Krzysztof

Do you dose bacteria daily or weekly or just let it be relying on the biopellets and the natural bacteria present in the tank? Have you noticed obvious and direct results from adding AA or iodine. I dont mean to interrogate you but its obvious your doing something, or alot of things right:lol2:

Do you dose bacteria daily or weekly or just let it be relying on the biopellets and the natural bacteria present in the tank? Have you noticed obvious and direct results from adding AA or iodine. I dont mean to interrogate you but its obvious your doing something, or alot of things right:lol2:

I add some, not to much, various bacteria after every change water, i.e. once a week.

Krzysztof

Sorry, I omitted by accident one question regarding AA and iodine.
It's hard to say whether AA is responsible for enhancing coloration, but it might be so. Except for Tropic Marin essential trace elements that contains also a bit of iodine, I don't use any another kind of iodine.

Krzysztof

NP reducing bio-pellets

NP reducing bio-pellets

It wasn't very long ago that I started to hear about NP reducing pellets, and I'm excited to research further and perhaps try it in one of my tanks after seeing the success of your tank.

Any advice for NP newb?

PS Amazing colors, selection of fish, and tank. It's very obvious that you've poured your heart into this hobby. Thank you for your contributions to this community.

Cheers!

Back