June 2010 Tank of the Month

Amazing tank! And congratulations!! I love the crystal clear water. And all of the colors are amazing! I hope my aquarium can be that beautiful someday!

Krzysztof-
Congratulations on receiving TOTM! Well done on a lovely reef.

Two questions for you:

Do you know what species your large blue stag is?

When you removed your DSB, was there any reason that you decided to leave the 4-5cm of sandbed instead of reducing it to just a couple cm? Or are you still in the process of reducing the depth?

Wow, 10 Evansi. Would love to hear how they are doing. They don't have a great track record.

Beautiful tank. The whole thing looks amazing. One of my favorite TOTMs.

+1 - What kind of blue stag is that?

Wooooooow amazing aquarium.. my congrats to perfect AQ..

Can I find yours aq somewhere in PL Forums?? I am from Czech :)
I have some questions about yours aq.. many thx for yours answers..

Happy reefing

It wasn't very long ago that I started to hear about NP reducing pellets, and I'm excited to research further and perhaps try it in one of my tanks after seeing the success of your tank.

Any advice for NP newb?

PS Amazing colors, selection of fish, and tank. It's very obvious that you've poured your heart into this hobby. Thank you for your contributions to this community.

Cheers!

Thank you for your comment :)

You already read the threat "NP reducing bio-pellets" on RC for sure. Here's a link for those who haven't been familiar with it yet, although it's nearly impossible: http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1694529 It's a very informative threat based on our experience.

-If NO3 and PO4 levels in your tank are high, it would be better start with less quantity of BP and add them gradually to evade sudden changes in the quality of water.
-The water needs to be oxygenated well, because bacteria use a lot of O2.
-Don't neglect the advice of manufacturer regarding placing the outlet of the filter with pellets next to the inlet of your skimmer.
-I wouldn't use other organic carbon like vodka, sugar etc. together with the BP in the long run - according to the sentence "Too much breaks the bag".
-At last, give them some time to become convinced of their effectiveness. The BP are really effective if you don't interfere with them.

If you have any question, please do not hesitate to ask me.

Krzysztof

Alright, now that I've picked my jaw up off the floor and stopped drooling, I've got a question. Is there a particular reason why you're depleting your Deep Sand Bed? I've got one right now in my Display Tank, and despite what some people say, haven't had any problems with it.

Krzysztof-
Congratulations on receiving TOTM! Well done on a lovely reef.

Two questions for you:

Do you know what species your large blue stag is?

When you removed your DSB, was there any reason that you decided to leave the 4-5cm of sandbed instead of reducing it to just a couple cm? Or are you still in the process of reducing the depth?

Thank you.
I bought this blue staghorn as acropora formosa 5 years ago.

The sandbed is still in the progress of reducing, I extended that for several months. Why 4-5 cm? I think that this depth is rather safe, it is neither too deep nor to shallow as well as gives the tank a natural look.

Krzysztof

Wow, 10 Evansi. Would love to hear how they are doing. They don't have a great track record.

They seem to be quarantined well and healthy, not starved. They eat eagerly, swim freely and aren't afraid of anything. I hope they will survive on food that are fed on.

Krzysztof

Back