Just got a healthy elegance but....

skyshrimp

Well I just got my.hands on a healthy elegance and man this thing looks awsome but, I still have another recovering/possibly sick elegance in my sump which connects to my dt. Now my problem is I've read that if you put a healthy elegance with a sick one the healthy one will get sick. If I put the sick elegance in its own tank how long will I have to wait to put the healthy one in my dt. Right now its still in its container, how do I go about this witout getting the healthy elegance sick.

I dont think anyone can respond to this for sure. First off you would need to know what killed your 1st elegance without any uncertainty. If its not a bacteria, predator or fungus you should not have anything to worry about. With that being said if that is your concern I would say 2-3 months. This is just a guess and 100% unsure.

I basically agree with what Mscarpena is saying. Think of it like this. You walk into a house where someone has been cooped up with the flue. What's the odds of you catching it? Well, it depends on your immune system, and the number of infectious microbes you're exposed to. I may be able to walk through the house without getting sick, but you may become deathly ill. It's the same for these corals. If your first elegance was damaged, and now fighting an infection, those microbes responsible for the infection may spread to the new coral. It will depend on the immune system of the new coral, and the number of infectious microbes it's exposed to. No one will be able to tell you if this will spread to your now coral or not.

How long have you had the first coral, and can you post an up to date pic of it? Pic's of both corals would be helpful.

I can't answer your question either but I added a healthy elegance with a sick one before I new better and both died so be carefull.

Well I set up a qt for the new ec and it looks awsome and healthy...for now. I may set up a second one for the sick ec so it can be out of my dt system. Its still look pretty bad and im losing hope for it. The lfs told me it was a aussie but it looks like a indo because of the conical skeleton. Coloration is exactly the same as my sick one but it pops more since its healthy.

Back