Just moved to Niceville.

So how does Niceville Frag swaps compare? :lol:

I don't know that there are any, if there is I sure would love to go. In phoenix there was a frag swap every month. I did find a guy that comes to Pensacola once a month with a few frags, I'll have to check him out, but that's all I am aware of. I weeny to a couple frag swaps in phoenix and they must have filled a hotel conformance room with frags already bagged and marked for sale. Really cool when you can get enough frags to fill a tank for a few hundred bucks. Also had some high dollar stuff that blew my mind. I had a rainbow acan lord that had six colors in it, five head frag only cost 100$. I've since seen similar frags costing 300-400$ for 1-2 heads online and not in any LFS here I know of. Crazy.

I don't know that there are any, if there is I sure would love to go. In phoenix there was a frag swap every month. I did find a guy that comes to Pensacola once a month with a few frags, I'll have to check him out, but that's all I am aware of. I weeny to a couple frag swaps in phoenix and they must have filled a hotel conformance room with frags already bagged and marked for sale. Really cool when you can get enough frags to fill a tank for a few hundred bucks. Also had some high dollar stuff that blew my mind. I had a rainbow acan lord that had six colors in it, five head frag only cost 100$. I've since seen similar frags costing 300-400$ for 1-2 heads online and not in any LFS here I know of. Crazy.

That is amazing!!!! To think you could fill a tank with as many frags as youd like right in front of you....We have nothing here, I set one up way back in 05 at a LFS in Pensacola. We had maybe 15 people show up.

Yea, I was kinda disappointed you would think this would be like an aquarium Mecca. I would be happy just to find a couple of really nice frags to put on my bare rocks.

I did however find a great place to get nerite snails. There is a small brackish water lake behind the stables where out horse is. I found these Florida Olive Nerite snails that can live in marine or fresh water. I put about 15 in my wife's planted tank a month ago and yesterday I found about 30 I put in my reef. I had to acclimate them and they seem to be doing ok. I think they need some time before they adjust to the saltwater, next time I'll acclimate them more slowly. They should be good CUC. I'm hoping they will help with the byopsis alga I've got.

http://blogs.thatpetplace.com/thatf...sh-brackish-or-marine-aquariums/#.U0bgY-29LCQ

Here are some of the snails on the glass, they look just like the picture in the link I posted.

2yry8y4u.jpg

Here is another on my clown, still looking for a host anemone for him.

bezusada.jpg

And this six line wrasse I just got this weekend. Puts my fish count to three now.

2yhege5u.jpg

ebanejaz.jpg

Here are some of the snails on the glass, they look just like the picture in the link I posted.

2yry8y4u.jpg

Here is another on my clown, still looking for a host anemone for him.

bezusada.jpg

And this six line wrasse I just got this weekend. Puts my fish count to three now.

2yhege5u.jpg

ebanejaz.jpg

what kinda of problems did you have with him?
They will terrorize new additions all around pita read the forums about people that have owned them..I had one rule a 240 gallon tank couldnt do any wrasses firefish or anything small

Yellow Tang, red monti and GBTA added yesterday. I messed up real bad and put it too close to a power head and some flesh was ripped off, I want to puke I feel so bad lol.

ebyzujuv.jpg

eryja8ah.jpg

epasy3yd.jpg

a5utajam.jpg

Where did you get the new additions?

Matt's coral connection. I did go to Bluewater Zoo and I really like that place they just don't have the selection YET. I did however go to Bluewater Zoo for a all new CO2 system for my planted 40 gallon system and they had everything I needed. It's starting to grow cyano so really needed the CO2.

3ytysadu.jpg

Yea, you might have issues with the Six line for new additions. If you do you might want to try removing it and putting it in a QT for a few days to let the new additions settle and then add it again. I added mine last and havent had any issues with it for over a year.

I made a vinegar dripped I use to dose. I use this because the PH swings from dumping in my dose caused my Duncan to close up. It's adjustable and could be used for other applications as well.

Parts:

1 baby bottle w/nipple (silicone preferred)

2'~ aquarium tubing

1 aquarium air line gang valve

Build:

Take the baby bottle install nipple, take the airline tubing and force it into the hole in the nipple. You need to make sure your nipple has one hole (some could have up to three holes). It maybe be necessary to enlarge the hole (not preferred), if you do use a sharp knife and make a very small cut to enlarge the hole. This could ruin the nipple for the project so I suggest trying very hard to force the tube in the hole as is, also ensures a tight fit. I didn't have much of a problem with this as I use a bit of dawn and it slipped right on.

Next you need to drill a small hole in the top of the bottle to let in air.

Install the gate valve to end of tubing and use a short tube to make a U tube down into the sump. This allows you to count the drips.

That's it. Now all you need to do is use a plug or a screw and install finger tight into the hole on top of bottle so you dose doesn't leak out when filling.

Fill bottle.

Now you need a way to keep the bottle high and inverted to let the dose flow out. I just used two 3" screws and wedge the bottle in. The heads of the screws secure the bottle.

Now you just need to set your flow on the gate valve. I set mine to ~ 1 drop every 2-5 seconds.

That's it!

http://youtu.be/Y97QFJtFwSA

emumuvem.jpg

hytusa7u.jpg

Back