Just Pets VIP discount!

Bri Guy

Craig at Just Pets invited all of us to come and get a VIP discount card, just mention RC and the VIP discount to him. Its good for 15% off Live goods (fish/corals) not including feeders, and 10% off dry goods. Not that they have the best prices there, but this make it a little better.

Reef On!

Nice. How is their selection of fish for nano tanks?

Also, it doesn't look like the pictures I took of your tank turned out. Huge focusing issue. I'll send a few over later tonight. I really need a macro lens!

Yes he has small sticks of cyclopeze, in the frezer as you walk in the door on the right.

I seen some small gobies and blennies, and a nice looking pygmy angel while I was there today.

Bryan, You may want to call to see if they have any in stock, but I have seen it there multiple times. 733-6788

If you have a specific fish in mind, he can order it for you and you can pick it up in the bag....if your willing to risk it, the prices are MUCH lower, just call and ask and he'll give you the price!

if your willing to risk it

Versus one that's been in the tanks at the store for a few days/weeks/months?

No matter the store (good or bad) I've always had better results getting the fish before they hit the store's water.

Not me, I tried this several times with tricky fish, like the Copperbanded butterfly.....fish starve to death in my tank no matter what I present as food! I like to be sure their eating, and see how they interact in a tank before I take them home. 2 weeks in a QT tank will clean up any ick, but if the fish isn't eating, you're SOL.
(unless it's LiverAquaria!)

2 weeks in QT won't clear up ick. It has a much longer life cycle, dependant on temperature. Proper QT should last 6-8 weeks minimum.

If you're trying tricky fish, that may be slightly different. 9 times out of 10 though, if you had got that fish first and your tank is good, it would have done better.

Does anyone know of any LFS's in the area that offer any sort of guarantee on their livestock like some of the online stores do?

Off the top of my head, I don't recall a single one. A lot of online places don't either really. All in all, it's a losing proposition. The only store I'm aware of locally that quarantines at all is Advanced Aquarium in Green Bay, and I think they were just setting up their quarantine system in the basement for the saltwater stuff.

What were you looking for? Odds are a local store could order it, and hopefully by the end of this weekend, if you needed me to hold it for you I'll have multiple options.

Back