JUST SICK!! You gotta look at this....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see any problem.:mad: Unfortunately, although your example seems like it may be one of the most extremely over stocked systems that I have ever seen, this type of over stocking is not all that uncommon. When you see something like this I can understand why some frown upon our hobby. Its like keeping a pack of dogs in a closet.

Last edited:
I'm having trouble believing that tank has been set up for any period of time- any idea if this was a temp tank at a show or something?

No the sad thing is that tank has ben on youtube for almost 3 years. It keeps getting worse and worse and worse every time I see it. It is no joke and the owner thinks it is perfectly ok to do what he is doing. People in Asia think that this kind of stuff is cool and that its ok. Just because they are crammed in like sardines everywhere doesn't mean they should take fish from the ocean and do the same. SMDH:(

No the sad thing is that tank has ben on youtube for almost 3 years. It keeps getting worse and worse and worse every time I see it. It is no joke and the owner thinks it is perfectly ok to do what he is doing. People in Asia think that this kind of stuff is cool and that its ok. Just because they are crammed in like sardines everywhere doesn't mean they should take fish from the ocean and do the same. SMDH:(

What I find puzzling about this is how are these folks able to manage their bioload so effectively? I have what I consider to be a very heavily stocked tank (nowhere even remotely close this one), and I am barely able to keep up with my bioload. Do they change out 50% of their water daily? Can a super oversized skimmer cut it? Can you imagine how much food this system must be fed on a daily basis? I just do not know how you could maintain such a tank with such stocking for over 3 years without it becomming an algae farm. Perhaps, we could learn something from these folks at least in terms of how to better filter our own systems.

Last edited:
WOW that just makes me sick. However I don't see how that has been setup any length of time. There is NO algae in the tank, the tank is way too pristine to have any longevity to it.

There isn't any algae in the tank because there are too many fish blocking the light :fish2:

At least they aren't lonely. Has anyone calculated the dollar amount of fish in there??

I cant believe this system hasnt crashed killing all those fish if he has had it for any period of time.

With the stress levels that the fish have, immunity must be low. I doubt he can give them all proper nutrition. One outbreak of a disease like ich and that tank is finished.

It just upsets me to see someone take for granted how unique and special these fish really are, along with the care they require. Its like slapping the ocean and any coral reef in the face. I wouldnt even expect this from a fish store, much less an actual person who likes to keep fish.

Using a broad paint brush on us asian? Are you sure it's an asian tank? Only people in Asia think that tank is cool, what about people in your country, do they think that tank is cool too? Are you speaking on behalf of your country folks, your parents, neighbour, etc,etc? I'm an asian and I do not think it's right nor do I stock my tank like what is shown. Can you prove no one in your country is doing this too?

I do not tolerate racist comment well. Balls in your court.

Using a broad paint brush on us asian? Are you sure it's an asian tank? Only people in Asia think that tank is cool, what about people in your country, do they think that tank is cool too? Are you speaking on behalf of your country folks, your parents, neighbour, etc,etc? I'm an asian and I do not think it's right nor do I stock my tank like what is shown. Can you prove no one in your country is doing this too?

Woah, easy. The guy wasn't being racist and I'm sorry you took it that way. It's a fact that the 'majority' of these types of tanks are overseas. Are there some in the US? Maybe, maybe not...but I've seen a LOT of them on Youtube from the Asia area.

If I was an Asian aquarist (I'm not) I may have taken what Scuba said to be insensitive, offensive, prejudiced and/or inflamatory. I feel you with the stereotyping, however; the language you used is far more offensive. Accusing someone you don't know anything about of being a RACIST is purely ignorant. I didn't see him writing anything about superior/inferior races..., so just relax,and give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn't mean to offend, like most normal people would do. This is schoolyard stuff. Put your big boy pants on and deal.

Good lord.

And FWIW, that's too many damn fish in that tank!

that guy probably gets really cheap/free fish and is always replacing the dead fish
no way you could keep all those angels and tangs alive in that environment for long

it is common on this forum to point to any possible errors so my two cents
not all of Asia is crammed in like sardines
you have to remember not all of the Japanese population goes whale fishin
just like not all americans go deer hunting

Last edited:
that guy probably gets really cheap/free fish and is always replacing the dead fish
no way you could keep all those angels and tangs alive in that environment for long

it is common on this forum to point to any possible errors so my two cents
not all of Asia is crammed in like sardines
you have to remember not all of the Japanese population goes whale fishin
just like not all americans go deer hunting

Log, it's Log, it's big it's heavy it's wood.

...not all men from Alabama are wife beaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back