Kalkwasser Help.

igadget56

I have a 125 GL with 200 pounds of live rock, six small fish, a cleanup crew and 4 LPS corals. I finally have all my parameters where I want them. If I start using kalkwasser in my ATO will that also keep my Mag. and ALK. In check. Tank is six months old.

The kalk will add calcium and alk to your tank, not mag. Will it keep it in check? That depends on what your tank is consuming vs. what amount of kalk you are adding.

I dose two part from brs and would like my pH to rise while my cal, alk, and mag are good. Can I add Kalk or limewater to my tank to raise pH while still dosing two part? More specifics are needed I know. Thanks

I dose two part from brs and would like my pH to rise while my cal, alk, and mag are good. Can I add Kalk or limewater to my tank to raise pH while still dosing two part? More specifics are needed I know. Thanks

Read this it can answer your questions better than I can:

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-01/rhf/index.php

Also remember that if you are adding kalk than you would probably need to cut back on the 2 part that you are dosing.

Using lime in addition to the 2-part should be fine, although I agree that you might need to dial back the 2-part dose.

Back