Kamoer Carer Kh - Ph probes

dweingar

I just purchased and have read the ph probe needs to be replaced every year. I can’t find anyone selling these. Any ideas who sells? Also where are people purchasing the reagent?

I just purchased and have read the ph probe needs to be replaced every year. I can’t find anyone selling these. Any ideas who sells? Also where are people purchasing the reagent?
Any probe should work. Annual replacement of most any Ph probe ensures accuracy.
The manual should have instructions for makinng reagent from lab grade acid of a set molar concentration.
While I use a KH guardian, they are very similar in operation. I actually want a kh carer instead due to not making you buy proprietary Reagent, kamoer is a great company, and the app is likely nicer than a web interface.
Fwiw, I use a $20 Amazon ph probe, and it works exactly the same as the $90 oem probes. I replace them every 6 months becuase they start to drift just a tiny bit by then. Calibration should be at least every 3 months. Monthly is better.
I also use the Amazon cheap probes for the tank pH. Pinpoint probe would flicker ±0.01 ph units, so I switched back, and won't spent extra on something that is no better.

Any probe should work. Annual replacement of most any Ph probe ensures accuracy.
The manual should have instructions for makinng reagent from lab grade acid of a set molar concentration.
While I use a KH guardian, they are very similar in operation. I actually want a kh carer instead due to not making you buy proprietary Reagent, kamoer is a great company, and the app is likely nicer than a web interface.
Fwiw, I use a $20 Amazon ph probe, and it works exactly the same as the $90 oem probes. I replace them every 6 months becuase they start to drift just a tiny bit by then. Calibration should be at least every 3 months. Monthly is better.
I also use the Amazon cheap probes for the tank pH. Pinpoint probe would flicker ±0.01 ph units, so I switched back, and won't spent extra on something that is no better.
Thanks, can you share link of the probe you use?

What I've been doing is, every 6 months, swap in a new probe, put the old one back into a cap with storage solution. When the new probe, in about 6 months starts to drift from calibration, rotate them again, so a probe goes 6 month in use, 6 months in storage solution, and then 6 months use again before it is retired.
If I wasn't such a penny pincher, I'd just toss and replace at 6 months an move on with life. LOL I calibrate probes every month or 2.
I use Ameeican Marine pinpoint reference solutions. The included powder ones are pretty terrible.

Back