Kessil AP 700 Owners Gather Here!

Just curious as to how long you guys have the high intensity running? I've kept the same schedule as my mh schedule so like 8 hours at high intensity. I'm thinking it may be too high for too long as these bad boys are powerful. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious as to how long you guys have the high intensity running? I've kept the same schedule as my mh schedule so like 8 hours at high intensity. I'm thinking it may be too high for too long as these bad boys are powerful. Any thoughts?

Lighting intensity needs to match the nutrient level in your system. You can not make any assumptions about your system based on others experience, other than the fact these lights grow coral.

Simple starting points.

Corals mostly pale and whiteish?: increase nutrients, lower ALK 7-8 dKH, lower light intensity.

Corals very dark/brown out?: decrease nutrients, increase ALK 9-10 dKH, increase intensity.

That is a very simple break down and you can do all or one to try and fix it, depends on your system, I would start with one. There are a lot of subtleties hidden in that simple breakdown so be sure you research each one and document/track changes. Also improvements can take weeks probably months to show themselves.

I recently reduced my lights from 90% to 75% and started getting better growth about 2-3 weeks later. Even if the coral can handle more intensity doesn't mean it's the ideal amount of light.

I've pretty much found the same thing that you just said about these lights. I was just curious as to duration of intensity. And you stating that you dropped your intensity answers it haha. I don't think I will be able to push much past the 70% mark at least in my tank.

Just spoke with Kessil here are some questions and answers I asked if anybody interested:

1. Does the fan must shut off while the light is off via schedule ? Because mine looks like working all night long.
The fan does run even if the light's schedule is off. The fan will run for as long as the power supply is connected.

2. I noticed sometimes light can just go off and next second on again. I am not sure why is that happening. Can you please explain ?
There is a known issue with the AP700's firmware where it will randomly turn off and on for a second. Our software designers are working on fixing this issue with a new firmware. It is undergoing testing mode and as soon as the firmware update is available, we can send you to notify you.

Are there different generations/versions to the AP700? I am considering buying a used light but I wasn't sure if I was going to miss out on something compared to buying a brand new one (other than decreased LED life). Basically, have they changed anything in the last 2 years? Thanks!

Are there different generations/versions to the AP700? I am considering buying a used light but I wasn't sure if I was going to miss out on something compared to buying a brand new one (other than decreased LED life). Basically, have they changed anything in the last 2 years? Thanks!
No, firmware upgrades only

No, just newer firmwares which are downloadable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kessil AP 700 Owners Gather Here!

Lighting intensity needs to match the nutrient level in your system. You can not make any assumptions about your system based on others experience, other than the fact these lights grow coral.

Simple starting points.

Corals mostly pale and whiteish?: increase nutrients, lower ALK 7-8 dKH, lower light intensity.

Corals very dark/brown out?: decrease nutrients, increase ALK 9-10 dKH, increase intensity.

That is a very simple break down and you can do all or one to try and fix it, depends on your system, I would start with one. There are a lot of subtleties hidden in that simple breakdown so be sure you research each one and document/track changes. Also improvements can take weeks probably months to show themselves.

I recently reduced my lights from 90% to 75% and started getting better growth about 2-3 weeks later. Even if the coral can handle more intensity doesn't mean it's the ideal amount of light.

I forgot to mention that I also have two 80watt T5s with ATI bulbs on for 6 hours also. So my PAR is in the higher range, 300-450+.

Honestly you can have a lot of light as long as: corals have been acclimated, proper nutrition, adequate flow, and slow steady light increases.

There are two acclimation. First is upgrading to AP700s with current live stock. Second is adding new corals, need to acclimate to your systems and the lighting. I place my corals on the Sand bed or very low for at least a month. Corals will die faster from too much light than not enough.

I just removed my two Ocean Revive T247 fixtures and replaced them with a Kessil AP700 fixture. The new AP700 is 10" above the water over a mixed reef tank. I do not want to bleach my corals so what intensity would you recommend I start at? The old T247 lights were set at 75% blue, 30% white if that helps. Would 50% intensity be to much?

I just removed my two Ocean Revive T247 fixtures and replaced them with a Kessil AP700 fixture. The new AP700 is 10" above the water over a mixed reef tank. I do not want to bleach my corals so what intensity would you recommend I start at? The old T247 lights were set at 75% blue, 30% white if that helps. Would 50% intensity be to much?

Yes, maybe. It's better to just start low and work your way up. I always recommend 35% with 5% increases weekly if everything is doing well. If you see stress don't lower the lights just wait another week or more. When you get to 50% any increases need to be made slower, if at all needed.

The key here is make sure your corals have food and/or nutrients, and high flow.

2 Kessil AP700's on my180

2 Kessil AP700's on my180

I have a 60 x 24 x29 Custom Acrylic Tank and 2 AP700's . I did something and now my Lights won't come on with my program on the kessil iPhone App. I have been running them in a manual mode, but I think I just need to reset the Kessils and start the Acclimination mode over again.

What do you think my highest intensity should be? I am thinking nothing more that 45% Maybe too high at this point. I have had the light for about 3 weeks now, but the lighting has been all other the place (so to speak).

Back