Kessil AP 700 Owners Gather Here!

I also started with a hood but took it off and that's how I have my lights higher up. Way more spill over but the tank is in my unfinished basement so not a problem for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been skimming through hoping to find so
Ething on this and not had any luck, but anyone had any luck adding a360s to an ap700? Recently upgraded from a 4' to 6' tank, so the ap700 i had on the other wont reach the whole tabk. Bought an a360 to add on to that end, anyone have any suggestions of making then mesh well?

I would think blending them together will be tough. I'm not sure you can connect them together via controller. Plus WiFi is only for ap700. You would have to visually match them.

Yeah I actually went ahead and bought it (Used one fron a guy the trader section). Alos have a controller coming. Wont be able to control them together but from what research ive done, will just have to work with the coloring and all that to match it. Ill let you know how it tirns out, should all be waiting when i get back in town on the 2nd

Hey guys just realized I posted this in general interest but found out about this page!! :)

Hey guys, I've tried to google search mounting ideas for a kessil AP700 but the way my tank sits the back width is up against the wall. I like the additional length display but this makes it a bit tricky to mount the Kessil ARMS (2 of these https://www.marinedepot.com/Kessil_M...LTACMO-vi.html)
-
since the bars would go down across the side of my tank and it'd look unsightly, I can't mount the kessil on the back side unfortunately because then the unit would run widthwise.
-
I had two options in my head. the first was to CUT the bars so they just sit in housing and don't go down the length of the tank... or use the GOOSENECK mounts to mount the light w/ the 90 degree adapter. any thoughts or opinions otherwise would help a lot.

Agreed. If you could hang from the ceiling, your set up would look stunningly clean!

Hey guys yah I didn't want a bar coming out in case I ever decided something else with the space so I ended up with this

IMG_4922.jpgIMG_4925.jpg

Here is my first reef tank, one and a half year old peninsula that has been using Kessil AP700 from the beginning. I am aiming to have more acropora in there (currently 8 different kind). I can definitely from own experience that these lights can grow all kind of corals. Lights are now set 7inch from the surface and running 5h peak at 75%. Total light period is 12h and starting from blues and peak color is the middle setting.

e0eeBb

Lights start at the bluest setting then gradually moving towards whiter colors. The maximum 75% intensity it is set at the center of the color wheel between the most white and the most blue.

Awesome I've kept mine at the third below midline. I'm debating making it more white though.

Back