Kessil AP 700 Owners Gather Here!

Have my 180g with 2xAP700s mounted 14 inches off water)or those with ideal SPS parameters (can type it out but at work and too lazy)using this light, can y'all help me answer:

1. When you introduce a new acro from a tank that used t5's only, did you notice your AP700's causing more burn/peeling than if it came from an all LED tank?

2. Have y'all found that maxing out over 50% intensity is generally a bad idea with this light? In general of course, when discussing Acros.

Even if I keep Acros on eggcrate on the sandbed, with the lights maxed at 40%, they still seem to get LED burn (not alk swings and not too low nutrients) trust me!! Maybe its bc my tank is only 14 months old?

Have my 180g with 2xAP700s mounted 14 inches off water)or those with ideal SPS parameters (can type it out but at work and too lazy)using this light, can y'all help me answer:

1. When you introduce a new acro from a tank that used t5's only, did you notice your AP700's causing more burn/peeling than if it came from an all LED tank?

2. Have y'all found that maxing out over 50% intensity is generally a bad idea with this light? In general of course, when discussing Acros.

Even if I keep Acros on eggcrate on the sandbed, with the lights maxed at 40%, they still seem to get LED burn (not alk swings and not too low nutrients) trust me!! Maybe its bc my tank is only 14 months old?
Theres something else going on with your tank. I have 2 ap700s 9 inches off the water running at 70% on a 5ft, 140 gal tank. Red sea reefer 525. The bottom up front is about 100 par, not gonna burn any across with that. Even about 7 inches below water im only about 325 par.

Theres something else going on with your tank. I have 2 ap700s 9 inches off the water running at 70% on a 5ft, 140 gal tank. Red sea reefer 525. The bottom up front is about 100 par, not gonna burn any across with that. Even about 7 inches below water im only about 325 par.
I get there may be something else at hand, perhaps my tank is relatively young (14 months) and I used pure dry rock that I soaked in Lanthamum Chloride for a month to rid any trace of po4.

And I know 100 par should not burn anything. But also read alot that Par meters dont truly capture LED par accurately and its not just about Par, but the blend/spectrum.

Glad to hear your feedback.

I would do a triton test or similar, could be heavy metals? You could run carbon and cuprisorb, see if that helps? I have two 700's over my 90g shallow and I had issues while running triton, now that I'm back to old school reactor, it's growing time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get there may be something else at hand, perhaps my tank is relatively young (14 months) and I used pure dry rock that I soaked in Lanthamum Chloride for a month to rid any trace of po4.

And I know 100 par should not burn anything. But also read alot that Par meters dont truly capture LED par accurately and its not just about Par, but the blend/spectrum.

Glad to hear your feedback.
As to the par meter, not true anymore with 500 series apogee and a few others. Proven to be very close to the ones costing 5k. That's the one I have and have used on my tank.

Anyone having issues with their ap700 sometimes randomly turning off for a second or randomly turning on for a second? It has happened to me a few times now. Can't be dust, as the light is literally a month old. Software problem?

Thanks!

Anyone having issues with their ap700 sometimes randomly turning off for a second or randomly turning on for a second? It has happened to me a few times now. Can't be dust, as the light is literally a month old. Software problem?

Thanks!
It's been happening since they came out. Theyve never been able to fix it.

Weird. I really do love the light, but find it odd that they make such an expensive piece of equipment that cant be fully powered down when running a program, constant fans running for no reason, and a light that will randomly turn on and off. I noticed my fish jump in shock when the light seemed to turn on with almost full intensity for a second and then turn off. Not good for something so expensive.

Apex PMK PAR numbers

Apex PMK PAR numbers

So been reading through many posts and wondering if anyone out there has a Neptune PMK and been looking at numbers under there AP700. I am running 4 t5's as well. My reading on the sand bed was 225 peak. When I raised the sensor to 4 inches below waterline peak reading went to 235. That is about 12 inches of depth difference between high and low. AP700 is running at 75% peak on ocean blue 2. I don't understand if the PMK has a difficult time picking up the blue or if I am that drastically low on PAR.

So been reading through many posts and wondering if anyone out there has a Neptune PMK and been looking at numbers under there AP700. I am running 4 t5's as well. My reading on the sand bed was 225 peak. When I raised the sensor to 4 inches below waterline peak reading went to 235. That is about 12 inches of depth difference between high and low. AP700 is running at 75% peak on ocean blue 2. I don't understand if the PMK has a difficult time picking up the blue or if I am that drastically low on PAR.

Too much is made out of PAR. The Kessils are put out a near perfect spectrum so while you might read a low PAR number, the PUR that Kessils put out is far more important than raw PAR numbers and coral grows just fine under. But also consider that if you increase your intensity and also increase the shift to white for PAR number purposes, the PAR readings would go up.

Contact Kessil about their latest software update not sure if it's out yet. I tested it out last year, and my light has been flawless since.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I got the AP700 for my 48"x18"x30" 110G tank. I think it will give sufficient coverage as I am not really into SPS. I might get one or two but can always have these higher up and towards the center of the tank.

My setup is not built yet, but I was playing around with the light and am very impressed so far with the programmability, effects and color control. I am returning after a 20 year hiatus and previously used MH lighting, so really like the Kissell shimmer.

I got the AP700 for my 48"x18"x30" 110G tank. I think it will give sufficient coverage as I am not really into SPS. I might get one or two but can always have these higher up and towards the center of the tank.

My setup is not built yet, but I was playing around with the light and am very impressed so far with the programmability, effects and color control. I am returning after a 20 year hiatus and previously used MH lighting, so really like the Kissell shimmer.
Make that Kessil shimmer:eek:

My phone broke so i got a new one. Downloaded the app and cannot link it to my kessil ap700. It just doesnt see it. I try to backup schedule from cloud but theres nothing there. How can i link it and get my lighting schedule? Im worried to "add lamp" because i dont want it to reset the light and lose my schedule. Anyone know what i should do?

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Did you ever sign into the app and back up your schedule before you lost your phone? If so, then you can sign in again and pull it down from the cloud. If the backup exists in the cloud, then you should relink the light, as if you were setting it up for the first time and load the schedule. In theory, you should be able to reset the lights and load a saved schedule/program.

Did you ever sign into the app and back up your schedule before you lost your phone? If so, then you can sign in again and pull it down from the cloud. If the backup exists in the cloud, then you should relink the light, as if you were setting it up for the first time and load the schedule. In theory, you should be able to reset the lights and load a saved schedule/program.

No i didnt

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Back