Kessil AP 700 Owners Gather Here!

Does anyone run a succesful Acropora tank, using the AP700s only?

Can't seem to find anyone to speak up. And I hope someone does.

If you do, please show pics of your setup, mount height, and light schedule.

Pllleeeaasse! Before I force myself to buy t5s to supplement.

Dang. Guess everyone sold theirs or added t5s.

My going theory here is that in order to get sufficient (overall light) for acros, the AP700 needs to be placed 5-7 inches from water line as Kessil instructs. And if you want to go by par charts published by BRS and Dana Riddle, you can argue the unit must max at 100%.

BUTT!!! A big BUTT......

At these levels and height, the AP700 will fry all corals if placed anywhere between both pucks. Regardless of how low the par measures(<150) at that spot.

Solution: You must raise the fixture/turn down max% to a level where the fixture alone is insufficient for sps. So ppl end up adding a less harsh T5.

Does anyone run a succesful Acropora tank, using the AP700s only?

Can't seem to find anyone to speak up. And I hope someone does.

If you do, please show pics of your setup, mount height, and light schedule.

Pllleeeaasse! Before I force myself to buy t5s to supplement.

Buy T5s, thats what I did. Had two ap700 on my 180 gal, running calcium reactor did not help. SPS are not happy, but monties. After a year one ap700 just died, no good resolution provided by Kessil team but to buy a new lamp from them again with discount. Was very disappointed, decided to go with t5s and the left workable ap700. Would never buy kessil brand again. Sorry kessil but simply cant afford buying 1k lamp every year.

Open to advice. I have sps dominant 48x24x24 tank. Large sps colonies with shading issues.

Looking to add Aquatic life t5 fixture (4 x54w bulb) and perhaps three Kessil a360x.

Enough for sps tank?

Open to advice. I have sps dominant 48x24x24 tank. Large sps colonies with shading issues.

Looking to add Aquatic life t5 fixture (4 x54w bulb) and perhaps three Kessil a360x.

Enough for sps tank?

What do you currently have for lights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enough for sps tank?

I had 2 ap700, one burned, now installed 4x80 Aquatics life. with one ap700. U will never regret it and your corals too. T5s all the way

Has this happened to anybody here? reflector melt or salt creep?

Attachments

• IMG_9554.jpg
    IMG_9554.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 0
How many AP 700 fixtures is everyone using on their 72" tanks?

According to Kessil:

Single AP700 Maximum Coverage:

"¢ 36"x 24" at 7" above water level
"¢ 48" x 24" at 18" above water level

So you would only need 2 for a typical 72" tank?

I use three on my 6ft tank. To many dark spots otherwise. My aquascape does affect my decision.

Has this happened to anybody here? reflector melt or salt creep?

I moved my tank and happened to look at the light as I was re-installing it and noticed the reflectors were bubbled like that.
I contacted Kessil and they sent me new reflectors. I had to install them, but my light was 3+ years old.

Hello All, I just noticed the blue wifi light on the side of my AP700 is blinking continuously. I first noticed it last night and its still on and blinking as of this morning. The AP700 seems to be working fine, but I dont know if this light should be constantly blinking. I dont remember it ever doing that. Is yours always on? Or any idea what the problem is?

Did you have a power outage? Can you connect via the app? I've noticed that it does this after a power outage, but not always.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had one of mine stop working a few months ago and sent to Kessil for repair, but after having it for almost 2 months they say its not repairable as it overheated as the effected parts are in epoxy. $900 for 3 yrs is not good enough. Trying something else on the new build and will use the other AP700 on quarantine or refugium.

Had one of mine stop working a few months ago and sent to Kessil for repair, but after having it for almost 2 months they say its not repairable as it overheated as the effected parts are in epoxy. $900 for 3 yrs is not good enough. Trying something else on the new build and will use the other AP700 on quarantine or refugium.

Did you verify if the fan is working?

The fan turns on and the status light changes from red to green when you hit the power button. It even goes into blinking pairing mode, but never any lights on. Seems crazy that its just garbage now. I will definitely be looking at repairable lights in the future as I find this completely unacceptable.

Hi all. I Just bougth ap700 today.
I'm using 6x24 T5 bulbs and 90 Watt Blue+Royal Blue Led Bars. Hybrid.

What you guys recommend for acclimination program? and after acclimination.

My tank is Innovative Marin Lagoon 50. 30" L x 24" W x 16" H And Sps Dominant tank.

Back