Kessil AP700 Aquarium LED Light

I wish some of these big companies stop bragging about how many watts their lights consume and share useful info like what sort of lumens the lights put out.

$894????

I can build 5 or 6 DIY lights with that kind of money. What the hell is wrong with these companies?

I'm offended because I know their cost of building this light is less than $75.00 with everything included and they mark it up like crazy and abuse the hobby, because it is a luxury? Come on...

I know they do the R & D in Richmond, CA, but they do all their manufacturing in Kaohsiung, Taiwan for pennies on the dollar.

*Rant over*

Its all about what someone is willing to pay, this is not marketed at you or me (Especially not me I'm broke, really I've got like $19 in my wallet lol) this is marketed to those who can afford the luxury and convenience. Probably the same people that have others plan, build, and maintain their tanks for them.

@narms72, this is such a petty thing to say.
well, I am not that rich, neither do I have others plan and maintain my tank, and I pre ordered. I think this target folks who have jobs that's all.
if 900$ is such a luxury for you, and you have only 20$ in your wallet, then salt water hobby is not for you.....

well, I am not that rich, neither do I have others plan and maintain my tank, and I pre ordered. I think this target folks who have jobs that's all.
if 900$ is such a luxury for you, and you have only 20$ in your wallet, then salt water hobby is not for you.....

Damn man... He did say "Probably". Don't take it personally. We were just discussing how expensive this light is compared to other options.

Chill dude!!!

I'm very glad that you have the budget to get one of these yourself and I hope you can share your feedback on the light with the group. Unfortunately for me, I can't financially justify spending this much money on a light for my tank, but then again, that is just me.

Jesus christ lol, while I do agree this hobby is a luxary just like any other hobby to say because he only has X amount of dollars in his pocket he shouldn't be in the hobby? I've got a full time job and wouldn't even spend this much money on this light.

CrazyEyes, Webmanny, sorry guys if I came across too rough. the post just rubbed me the wrong way. accusing folks who pre ordered of being elitists just set me off:))
the form is to help people not to bash folks and make them feel uncomfortable:))
in any event, my apologies to all.
so yeh am super excited, I resisted getting Kessil all this time cause it was not full spectrum and was an AI guy for the last 7 years or so. I currently have 3 Hydra 52's will start switching them with Kessil and will see how it goes, I will keep my AI's though till I see good results from Kessil then I sell them:)
to be honest if you look at it the right way, the light is not pricier than say Echotech and AI...lets just hope that indeed one AP700 is enough for 48" otherwise I will need to burn another 900$:))
will keep you all posted

Don't get me wrong, its probably an amazing light but the price tag is a bit steap, at least for me anyways. If it's enough for a 48" tank then that'd be sweet. I think I look at lights and go omg that's so expensive when compared to what you could build for the price.

CrazyEyes, Webmanny, sorry guys if I came across too rough. the post just rubbed me the wrong way. accusing folks who pre ordered of being elitists just set me off:))
the form is to help people not to bash folks and make them feel uncomfortable:))
in any event, my apologies to all.
so yeh am super excited, I resisted getting Kessil all this time cause it was not full spectrum and was an AI guy for the last 7 years or so. I currently have 3 Hydra 52's will start switching them with Kessil and will see how it goes, I will keep my AI's though till I see good results from Kessil then I sell them:)
to be honest if you look at it the right way, the light is not pricier than say Echotech and AI...lets just hope that indeed one AP700 is enough for 48" otherwise I will need to burn another 900$:))
will keep you all posted

Plan on selling any of those 52s?

Don't get me wrong, its probably an amazing light but the price tag is a bit steap, at least for me anyways. If it's enough for a 48" tank then that'd be sweet. I think I look at lights and go omg that's so expensive when compared to what you could build for the price.

completely agree, 900$ is hefty. but again I wanted to go to Echotech and their light is 700$ that do not cover 48"...so for me it will be 1400$ bill. with AI's I needed 3 Hydra 52's and I still feel I have blind spots.
my guilty pleasure in this hobby is to try new things:)) am sure we all relate to that, its not just looking at the tank, its the tinkering that mad this hobby so bad:)))

Yeah I will most likely sell my two Kessill 360we and the controller when this comes out and go with the AP seems to have more features.

No worries dude. I look forward to the review on this one. I know some of these high end lights have so many new features that they make it worth the try. I just wish they were a bit more reasonably priced.

Who are you to tell someone there not good enough or rich enough to do something? If you want to go blow your money on something like this go ahead. I'm in school and I work part time so yeah at that time I did have $19 in my wallet, it was a joke. And you know what $900 is not a luxury to me. The $500 that I managed to scrape up for my laptop is a luxury. $900 is a waste of money that only an idiot would pay. Maybe this site is not for you if you cant accept a conversation about a product that you foolishly purchased. The amount of money you throw at this hobby is not what makes you successful. Instead its the amount of patience. For me at least one of the greatest appeals to this hobby is this great community where everyone can help each other out and share there knowledge, generosity, and kindness. I'm sorry that my remarks about this product offended you.

Wow, everyone is getting way to heated over price.

This thing packs a powerful punch. It has a built in controller and wi-fi as well unlike most of the competition.

Spend money as you would. If I had something larger than my nano tank, I would definitely pre-order. Kessil produce wonderful colors and shimmer, plus with the new full spectrum, i'm sure it will be even better!

The amount of money you have in your account or wallet should not matter. This hobby is expensive though, and we all have different priorities. What some spend more on, others save on, and vice-versa. There is more than one way to 'skin a cat' and that comes top equipment and cost as well.

I'm just always glad to see more competition in the industry, so expensive, or not, it's good for us in the end - sooner or later at least.

I still prefer building lights, I just honestly don't like any premade light enough to use one, mainly because the use of cool whites, reds and greens. And I think Nano Box pucks are incredible.

Who are you to tell someone there not good enough or rich enough to do something? If you want to go blow your money on something like this go ahead. I'm in school and I work part time so yeah at that time I did have $19 in my wallet, it was a joke. And you know what $900 is not a luxury to me. The $500 that I managed to scrape up for my laptop is a luxury. $900 is a waste of money that only an idiot would pay. Maybe this site is not for you if you cant accept a conversation about a product that you foolishly purchased. The amount of money you throw at this hobby is not what makes you successful. Instead its the amount of patience. For me at least one of the greatest appeals to this hobby is this great community where everyone can help each other out and share there knowledge, generosity, and kindness. I'm sorry that my remarks about this product offended you.

dude dude, chill, I already said I did not mean to come across too rough, I was just annoyed when you assumed that who pre order is an elitist that's all.
I agree with you that the light is expensive, and if you cannot spare 900$ you should not get one. this site is indeed for folks to help each others in the hobby not to look petty, or to bash ppl:))
no need to say sorry, water under the bridge brother.

Back