Kessil AP700 Color Issue

Anemone

Cloning Around
Staff member
RC Mod
Premium Member
I have an AP 700 that was installed in January, 2018. Within the past couple of months there has been a "separation" of colors provided by the LEDs. What I mean is, I seem to get "spotlight colors" in certain areas, rather than a blend. Within my tank, certain spots are intensely pink, while others are more green. On the wall behind my aquarium this is evident as the left-side LED group puts a blue arc on the wall, while the right-side LED array puts an intensely pink arc on the wall.

I've included a picture that shows the color difference between the light splash on the left and right sides, as well as the pink spotlight effect on the left side on some of my Kenya Tree corals. It's hard to get a good picture with LEDs, but the attached picture gives an idea. In real life, the colors are much brighter.

AP700LightIssues.jpeg

Is there anything I can do to get back to having the more "blended color" light experience I used to have?

Thanks!

Kevin

So I’m spitballing here based on some quick research, so please take it with a grain of salt.

Have you noticed any LEDs being burnt out?

I’m assuming no. Then my only other thoughts would be a diffuser (not sure if they make one for the AP700) I haven’t found much yet that hasn’t been discontinued.

Or maybe make sure your on the most up to date firmware or perhaps a factory reset may work? I could only find this, fifth bullet point down for the reset:

Thanks, I heard back from Kessil today, and that was their suggestion. Lots of sweaty work later disassembling the light so I could plug it into my computer to get the firmware update done, and it looks like it either took care of the issue, or maybe 90% of the issue (there may be a little of the pink left on the right light, but it was hard to be sure after reprogramming everything). We'll see!

Oh, and as far as diffusers, I have them and took them off when I first noticed the funky light separations.

Kevin

Back