Kessil Warranty Fails Me

My 360 just failed yesterday, its been roughly 1.5 - 2 yrs.. i dont have a receipt, i bought it from my local fish store with cash..

stay away from kessil, garbage company.

the older 160s i have are fine for now.. but once those go im screwed...

not sure how a company can charge 400 bucks for lights that last two years.. what a joke.. so many peoples 360s break at 2 yrs.. stay far away from 360s.

Ditto.... I'm researching new lights.... for what these lights cost they should run longer..... there's a weak link in the kessil design. People say, oh kessil is good about sending new ones out, if they die right away....

Ok the fact that these lights are being replaced right always says something....

I need recommendations on my new choice for lighting....

Reviving this thread only to say I am in the same boat. The blue spectrum on one of my two a160 tuna blues went out back in June. I was honest with Kessil and admitted I bought the lights used locally but was assured they were not very old from the seller. The best they could offer was to sell me a new one at 200ish + shipping. I took that option and today my other a160 is doing the exact same thing. I guess i'll either shell out 200ish to replace it so that I have 2 new lights with some warranty or I'll sell the one I got in June and switch companies.

I ran an AI light for years and it was as good the day I sold it as the day I bought it.

i own a service company and have been using Kessil since day one on multiple tanks and after many many issues with their reliability and customer support i have happily switched to AI lights and will never buy another Kessil..after inspecting numerous failed lights, the issue was always the cheap fan inside along with their exposed wiring that had only a dab of silicone coating to "waterproof" the insides.. the parts would be very easy to replace if they were made available but the only option offered to me was always the same as everyone else.. pay $200 for another light.. i currently have a pile of over a dozen burnt out lights and probably twice that many power supplies.. i do have a few random ones that are still running without issue but overall they seem to have about a 2 year lifespan... the failure rating on all the ones that i have purchased over the years, well over 20 of them, is over 50%... i can live with product issues and great support but they always tried to blame the issue on me ... i have an AI hydra by comparison that has survived full submersion and the folks there offered to fix anything i may have issues with for the cost of the parts.. never again Kessil..

Back