Kessil Warranty Fails Me

His argument is mute He lives outside the US so no warranty, no different if someone in Canada buys a Tunze,. Tunze will not honor the warranty.

That is incorrect about Kessil warranty in Canada. They just replaced an A360WE for me when the fan stopped working and it kept shutting off. Only had to pay postage from California ($35), they did not even want the broken unit back.
In speaking to them, they said they usually honor 2 years in US, 1 year Canada and Europe.

Last edited:
Kessil 2 Year Warranty

Kessil 2 Year Warranty

Interesting. Marine Depot states 2 year warranty but the above warranty card came from one of the boxes from my 360WE's. Maybe they changed their warranty period.

We contacted Kessil this morning after reading this thread and confirmed the warranty is indeed 2 years. :wave:

Kessil Warranty

Kessil Warranty

We contacted Kessil this morning after reading this thread and confirmed the warranty is indeed 2 years. :wave:

We just wanted to follow up to clarify the warranty coverage since I incorrectly presumed we were just talking about the United States. So here's how it works:

US Warranty - 2 years when you register your product and buy it from an authorized distributor.

International Warranty - 1 year in most countries. Check with Kessil directly or contact an authorized distributor in your country to be sure.

Hope that helps!

I feel the OP pain. I have found kessil in the warranty period to be amazing company even living up here in Canada. They replace two of my lights that died in under a year with out any hassle. Unfortunately I had another one died and wasn't even offered a deal on a light and was told they would not even repair even if I paid. They stated it would be cheaper just to buy a new light, which I find very hard to believe. Something similar happened to a friend of mine recently and he was offered one at a reduced price as his was out of the warranty period. Personally I would never buy kessil again. Really nice little light, love the shimmer but I will personally either stick with ecotech or Ai as with them at least I can buy parts and upgrade or go cheap ebay and when they die its not a big hit. These kessil are around $500 plus our taxes up here in Canada.

Thanks to MD for checking in on this thread and with Kessil. Great CS as always. It's great that we have a better warranty in the US, but not so great for our Canadian neighbors and international friends missing out. $500 CAD for a single light is a lot of clams.

Just had one of my 380 lights blow. Never did send in the warranty card. Called Kessil, gave them the serial number. They were able to look up where and when it had been bought, that it was still under warranty (2 years bought from BRS). A replacement is on its way. Had to give them a CC hold, but no charge as long as I ship back the duff unit within 30 days. Hard to find anything to criticize in the process. Top notch CS!

Last edited:
My 360 just failed yesterday, its been roughly 1.5 - 2 yrs.. i dont have a receipt, i bought it from my local fish store with cash..

stay away from kessil, garbage company.

the older 160s i have are fine for now.. but once those go im screwed...

not sure how a company can charge 400 bucks for lights that last two years.. what a joke.. so many peoples 360s break at 2 yrs.. stay far away from 360s.

My 360 just failed yesterday, its been roughly 1.5 - 2 yrs.. i dont have a receipt, i bought it from my local fish store with cash..

stay away from kessil, garbage company.

the older 160s i have are fine for now.. but once those go im screwed...

not sure how a company can charge 400 bucks for lights that last two years.. what a joke.. so many peoples 360s break at 2 yrs.. stay far away from 360s.

Sorry you had an issue with your light. I'd bet you never blew the lights out did you? You probably have them packed full of dust and as a result, it probably overheated. I've had 8 of the 360WE's over my tank since they were first released years back and they haven't skipped a beat. I've installed several others as well and they too haven't failed and that is well over 2 years. Your situation certainly doesn't represent the status quo with these lights and is isntead more of the exception.

Contact your LFS and have them provide you a receipt. If they are about your business, I am sure they could accommodate you. Kessil has a great reputation for quality and support. In fact, had you filled out the warranty registration card like you ARE supposed to, you would be here talking about how great there service is instead of complaining about it.

Back