Kick ICK

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true. See if you can get your money back.

There is no data on this,garlic, coffee grounds,pepper, tea, cinamon, rice ,chicken soup ,etc . Even the anecdotal reviews on this product are very poor.

Check the Marine Deoot reviews.

10 clam its' good but make no sense since they report clearing of spots within 5 to 7 days, a natural occurence in the ich cylce. One claimed it cured velvet;huh? One said it works every time; How often does ich come back every 7 days?Some claim I lost some fish but others were saved. Well some fish will develop a partial immunity with or without it.

There were 20 negative reviews citing no effect, deaths of seemingly healthy fish and ph crashes leading to coral losses up to 95% of tank stock.

It and other magic potions are marketed to take advantage of the placebo effect( fish often survive the first round of ich and look better after a week or so until the second round starts) and is very expensive, Further they don't tell you what's in it. If it was any good they'd tell you about studies and data. They can't because they're aren't any.
Bad stuff, imo, likely to add stressors when the fish have enough already form the ich .Not reef safe either.

Quarantine and treatment with a fishless tank can erradicated it. Other than that keep things as table as you can and hope some fish survie. Then don't add new fish.

I think it's unfortunate they sell some products out there that don't work.
But just about every industry for any use of a product you can think of.. does it. Even the saltwater hobby.

Kick Ich is bogus. It does not work. As more than one person has found out through trying it and various other methods. See if you can get your money back. Or just cough it up to the ol tried it, done that and learned..

The only 100% cure for a current Ich contaminated tank is an empty display tank for 2-3 months and your fish in a quarantine treatment tank.

The other option to that, you've already heard... (the feed heavy/vitamin soaked food, extra water changes, and watch the cycles as they come and go... until no more come.) Quite a few people on here don't like that for various understandable reasons. Though this works sometimes and has for many people. If you want to do it. With out pulling the whole reef down to get all your fish out. But you have to "see" how it goes and may or may not have to turn to removing all the fish to quarantine/treatment anyhow. It's an option to "try" depending on how you feel things are going and how long you want to "keep it going" until you see results of NO Ich return for months. Sometimes it takes weeks to a few months to get there though... to No Ich. So, it's up to you. It's worked for people. But not the way to go for everyone. Has worked for many in time. But Not a quick and definite cure at all.

BUT if it's not a big deal to you, taking your fish out and treating them all in a treatment tank or quarantine tanks(for those that don't show ICH currently), leaving your display empty of fish for 2-3 months WILL work best as a complete cure.

The treatment tank is the best method. It's guaranteed. The other does work for some though. It's your choice. If you want it gone the fastest and don't want to deal with possible re outbreaks.. then do the treatment tank.

If you want to "try" to avoid the tear down. Then "Try" the other way.
Just understand you still might have to remove and treat them if they get really bad and it doesn't seem to work.

Just friendly and personal experience advice from those I've known and my own experience. Hopefully no one sees the need to criticize various peoples posts. Just give advice meaning to help with more than one option and give it objectively to help the OP. Not start an argument about who's right or whats right.

Let the OP absorb everyone and decide for himself. It's his tank and his observation in his home.

What is more a waste is the other thread you ask what tang goes with what..I'll tell you this much,killing off a tank with ICH with adding other tangs to it is not responsible reefing at all..IMO

Aaron,
Just friendly advice here. Not meaning to come across the wrong way or like a "meany" at all. LOL

BUT I agree with Todds Post above. If your thinking of adding another fish (Tang or anything else) to the same tank that has Ich... it's a huge no brainer NO NO ! Unless your talking about a different tank that's Ich free, your going to increase and worsen your problems by adding a new fish to an infected tank.
Don't add the fish at all. Your playing with fire (and possibly money if you care). Just well meant advice that most anyone that knows would give...

Quarantine any fish you plan on buying in the future too. It will (if not eliminate) at least strongly decrease any possible transfer of Ich to your display tank(s) in the future.

Tangs(from the other thread) I agree with what everyone said. I realize people in general get excited and want more fish in their tank. But consider responsibly handling your problem in the tank first. Then consider some other fish.. and perhaps different species than another Tang. A couple that were suggested were fair suggestions. But as said, it still would be risky. 75's are nice. But not very big for Tangs that can get aggressive with each other and develop territorial attitudes that increase with growth/age.

I actually had 3 together in a 75. But not for a long time. The particular species were compatible enough. With enough room. I moved them to a 125 and then a 150 after that. The grew up together as I added them all at the same time and fairly the same size in that particular case. But I was pre paired for moves and had them growing together for a few years with No tank problems. Slow down. Just suggestion: Master one tank(75) get it Ich free if thats the tank.. and then select a nice group of fish to stock it with slowly with careful pre research into them before buying. Study some compatibilities- growth rates(for appropriate tank sizes), behavior, and tankmates compatibilities.

Save your dream fish match ups for a larger future tank. Once you've conquered and understand some basics. In the end you'll be happier. As opposed to rushing it and creating disasters that don't work out. I like watching money I spend become an investment at least in pleasure that lasts. As opposed to growing wings and flying into the dumpster.

Just meant as friendly advice.

Extra feeding and vitamin soaked food with extra water changes doesn't do anything for ich and risks destabilizing the tank due to extra organics or shifts in parameters. Some fish survive and some don't . Those that do may develop partial immunity but the tank will still harbor ich. If the choice is not to treat it then keep things stable, and don't add new fish for a very long time,at least a year. imo and experienc

What is more a waste is the other thread you ask what tang goes with what..I'll tell you this much,killing off a tank with ICH with adding other tangs to it is not responsible reefing at all..IMO

Agree and also the other thread you made that gave very good advice on how to eradicate it. So OP maybe you need to re-read your other post. There is no easy way at this point or a magical cure it will take some work.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2043182

The op can ask questions and shouldn't be slammed.
I think all the information that can be given has been given and some corrected when necessary. It's not easy to accept the devastation of ich and the difficulty of restoring a tank and specimens to health. Denial is , unfortunately,a very common response which could be avoided via quarantine and prophylactic treatment from the start. But I want to buy a fish and put it in my tank right away as much as anyone. An impulse that some learn to resist ,often the hard way. Many play on a reluctance to accept ich as it is and feed the beast by selling and championing all kinds of false cures.

Extra feeding and vitamin soaked food with extra water changes doesn't do anything for ich and risks destabilizing the tank due to extra organics or shifts in parameters. Some fish survive and some don't . Those that do may develop partial immunity but the tank will still harbor ich. If the choice is not to treat it then keep things stable, and don't add new fish for a very long time,at least a year. imo and experienc

They do benefit the fish going through quite an ordeal. Just like treating people with things that make you feel better. Even though it's not an actual "cure" for the disease, virus or in a fishes particular case like this- a parasite. Not an actual cure that kills the parasite at all. But the hope is, and it can/does happen sometimes.. that in time- (weeks to months) it all dies off. Leaving all your livestock healthy afterward. Yes, some somewhat resistant too. Just like you when you weathered through a strain of something. With that said, the rest of the above, a fair assessment perhaps.. ? But when change water and all elements within are matched to display water, I don't see where a parameter changes to any extreme except a little cleaner and less concentration of organics through removal. Which includes the WC's, increased skimming, and bionic balance/elements replenishment. One must always keep their parameters in check no matter what. Ich or no Ich.

i use the stuff and i think its awesome. i got a couple fish from my lfs and they had ich bad treated them and all signs point to clear after a week. could be a freak thing but well see how it goes!

Hopefully no one is "Slamming the OP".

I also agree he shouldn't be slapped for asking questions. Was he?
Hopefully not intended by anyone. But some may want to "open his eyes" seriously. Intending to help. After hearing some of the no no's they caught that he was contemplating doing. (Referring to a post someone else made) Perhaps thats where they were coming from.. But I do think they were just trying to give good advice and a "whoa" if you will..

I for one have tried to make statements carefully as to not offend the OP and make it friendly offerings. I don't think anyone else has tried to really "slam" anyone in any way either. At least from the posts I have read.

Hopefully the OP will think about this and realize people want to save him some grief. For other people posting & trying to help(all of us): It's not about picking at things or disagreements. There are different opinions for courses to take in certain situations. I for one agree with many of them. Depending on a personal situation is the way I'd choose to go if it were me. But I don't disagree with the treatment tank or an empty DT. It will work.

Let's hope Aaron's situation gets better. He goes one route or the other and it eventually works. If all else fails, treating in an iso tank will take care of it.
Simply put. Not so simply done. But it works. I don't think anyone disagreed with that ever.

Back