Kole tang??

sponger0

I am in the middle of building a 75 gallon and wanted a tang...Yes I know the tank size limitations, thats why I have been researching some of the smaller ones. Im not really a big fan of the yellow tangs so I wanted something different.

Are they hardy or are they more prone to ick?

Compatible with wrasses and anthias?

I am in the middle of building a 75 gallon and wanted a tang...Yes I know the tank size limitations, thats why I have been researching some of the smaller ones. Im not really a big fan of the yellow tangs so I wanted something different.

Are they hardy or are they more prone to ick?

Compatible with wrasses and anthias?

A Kole should be fine in your tank. All fish can bring ich along, tangs are more likely than most. Every new fish should be in a QT first. Just because a fish is ich-prone, doesn't mean it isn't hardy. Yellow tangs are also ich-prone; but among the hardiest fish we keep. But, if you don't use a QT; I wouldn't add anything, and certainly not a tang.

I have learned my lesson with QT'ing. So everything gets QT time. Ive just read alot about tangs and ick. Needless to say...Im not a fan of ick...at all

The Kohl Tang is a good addition to a 75 and the Tomini Tang is the other one that works in smaller tanks. I recently opted for a Tomini and he spent six weeks in QT and was added to the Display a few days ago. He's going to be a real pretty fish once his adult colors come in. You should research both and see which one you prefer.

I like the Yellow Eye better. So thats what Ill go with. But the tomini is pretty too...i just like the kole's markings better

Well my tang has been selected for my 75. Thanks everyone. Now I cant wait to get the tank running and get one in...but ill wait lol. So what order should the tang go in? Ive cosnidered putting a maroon clown, some anthias, maybe some chromis and a wrasse into this tank. Where would a tang fit in....yes I QT everything lol

I would skip the maroon, especially if you want more passive fish. They are beautiful, but very territorial and would likely terrorize anthias and most wrasses.

Why don't you post a list of other fish you're interested in and people can advise you about compatibility. With any luck this combination will be together for a long time. Being thoughtful about your choices NOW can save you a lot of heartache down the road.

I have a yellow eye kole in my 75 and he does just fine. his best buddy is my coral beauty. you might want to get a blue eye kole for something different.

Well list so far is:

A tang..(Yes at the top lol)
Bartlett anthias
Exquisite wrasse
Mandarin or scooter
Blue-green chromis
Maroon clown....if they are that aggressive, what would be some other suggestions of a single large clown

Thats as far as me and my girl have gotten for the stocking list.

Just about all clowns are somewhat aggresive . the least aggressive are the percs. i would maybe add a dwarf angel.

The cinnamon clown’s are slightly less aggressive, though they’re about 2/3-3/4 the size of a maroon.

If you want a mandarin in that tank make sure your sump has a fuge.

Back