Kremis's 180 gallon mixed reef

Kremis

Hi all~ My name is kyle, I am 14 years old and have been keeping saltwater tanks for 3 years. Thats right, when I started I was 11 :frog:. I currently have 2 tanks, a 180 gallon tank that this thread is on and a 28 gallon tank that I will be making a separate thread on, the 180 being 2 years old and the 28 gallon cube 3. Both tanks were started around Christmas of that year. (xmas presents :rollface:) Tank specs: 4 Kessil A360WE LED lights. I have 2 tunze powerheads, I am not exactly sure what model/size they are lol. For filtration there is a sump with chaeto/calurpa (think i bombed on that spelling- my bad), a protein skimmer, and a GFO reactor. Also a few bags of carbon. Now onto the fun stuff :p
Corals:

Green birdsnest
Ponape Birdsnest
Purple birdsnest
Bird of paradise
Golden Torch
Green torch coral with skinny tentacles - not sure what type
Golden Hammer
Green hammer that is currently not doing well, has been receded for months, but wont die lol
Frogspawn
Lots of different types of mushrooms, too many to name lol
Rasta zoanthids
Tubbs blue zoanthids
Radioactive green zoanthids
some red zoanthids, dont know exaclty what type
Eagle eye zoanthids
green palythoa
some light blue zoanthids, cant put a name on em
Miami hurricane chalice
golden eye chalice
Blue trumpet coral
neon green trumpet coral
jack o lantern leptoseris
blasto with red outsides green middle
Sunset montipora
rainbow montipora
red monti cap (purple, and has been for a year. Should have placed it higher >.>)
green monti cap
Orange digitata
German blue digitata
Orange montipora setosa
Montipora with brown/yellow base and blue polyps - not sure on name
Maze coral
Favia coral - at least i think
War coral
Unidentified green acropora - Looks like it might be a plate acro..? not sure
green staghorn acropora
another green acropora, but branches. Knew the name once but forgot
red/brown acropora, smooth thin branches, forgot name
Tricolor valida acro
2 Acans (orange/blue)

that should be it for the corals, im sure i missed something.
fish:

3 pyramid butterflyfish
2 clownfish - isnt a fish tank without em lol
1 desjardini sailfin tang
1 blue tang
1 starry leopard wrasse female
1 exquisite wrasse
1 multicolor lubbocks wrasse
1 unidentified wrasse - pretty big wrasse, definatly a fairy wrasse, male, with long white fins that come out underneath, white stomach, mostly dark green with pinkish top
1 fairy wrasse - full pink, female of some type that i forgot
1 blotched anthias - won it at the last bay area reefers members only swap in the raffle :dance:
2 bangaii cardinals
1 firefish
1 yellow clown goby
1 flame angelfish
1 yellowhead jawfish

latest addition - Pintail fairy wrasse, added just yesterday. Already eating and doing well, was picked on a bit at first. Really pretty :) was $120 at the store, but they take trade ins. I also frag a lot, so I usually take some corals to the store for credit. The fish ended up being 40$ with 80$ store credit from frags :rollface:

fish I have tried to keep but failed:

Tangs, I have tried to keep several, quarantine in a 40 gallon, but after a month of quarantine and treating they go into the display, get ich within 2 days, and die within 2 days after, only exception being the sailfin tang. I have had the blue tang for 3 years, it spent 8 months ish in the 28 gallon - i know, shame on me, but it was way smaller then :) it got ich bad but lived. The sailfin never got it.

I have tried to keep pipefish, but with the competition for pods added by the leopard wrasse and the fact that the fish store lied to me and said they were eating when they were really not.. rip

I have had many more deaths than just those, but I will not list them all, those were the only relevant ones where I learned something ^^

Inverts:
2 black longspine seaurchins
3 tuxedo urchins
a few snails, not many
nassarius snails
sand sifting star - Have had him for 2 years, happy and healthy
3 rose bubble anemones - started as 1, then split into 2, and one of those split again
cleaner shrimp

picture time!

full tank: https://gyazo.com/e8d49b388642e3a1688372a02c2dc00c
little bit of a cyano/diatoms problem right now, any suggestsions are appreciated
https://gyazo.com/cf9628c608720a21f8db222d3e964ba3 birdsnests

https://gyazo.com/caaf43c6eeb457a8b521a627f7e4bf06 lil jawfish corner :rollface:
https://gyazo.com/d6561db6d930c07aa302dfcfd5769933 anemones

more pictures coming later :)

tell me what you think! any suggestions, ideas, or identifications are helpful :rollface:

Back