L/F a saw

jfl14609

Does anyone have a saw that can cut through a aluminum heat sink for leds? I am looking to do a little customizing

On the cheap end just use a fine tooth sawzall blade will work fine for a straighter cut use a piece of steel angle or a 2x4 for a guide and go slow so the blade won't walk on ya. Make sure you wear glass's chips will fly every where and gloves it will be sharp

Have a friend with a chop saw, buy him a blade. I have a dewalt that I use to cut and miter aluminum picture frames. Very clean, cuts all non-ferrous metal like butter.

I hace a chop saw as well i will look at hd and see what they have for blades I just didnt think they would cut that thick this isnt a little heat sink its like 18 in from front to back

a table saw will work might have to cut half way then flip the part. check harbor freight for a a fine tooth blade the finer and more teeth the better.,

Note that there are differences between circular/table and miter saw blades. A blade with a large hook will tend to rip through and "bite" more and is a great choice for ripping wood in a table saw. A blade with a lower hook tends to work better in a miter saw and doesn't chip the wood at the end of the cut.

Don't just use any blade with lots of teeth. You should use a blade designed specifically for aluminum or other non-ferrous metal. They'll have lots of teeth (60+ usually), and have a negative hook. You can actually ruin your saw by "stalling" it from using an improper blade. Use a blade designed for the job.

Hey I have access to a large band saw that we cut up to 24" pipe with, should go through it like butter. PM me to make aragements, I can probably take care of it.

I actully got anxious so I went with the saw zall cut it really fast then used a file to smooth the edges

burger-king.jpg

Back