Land Hermit Crab Needs Home!

That's weird Randy..I found one too a few months back. They need very specific care or they will die. Is it purple? I found a hermit crab rescue lady and she met me at the Haines city exit and took him into her family of crabs. She lives in Sebring, so it was a ride for her. She has 51 crabs! I could give you her e-mail address if you like, or give her yours?

BTW, the "nice painted shell" is extremely frowned upon by crab enthusiasts. It is geared towards sales to kids but it can be harmful to the poor crab. They paint them while in their shell...the paint is often toxic, and sometimes the crab is painted into the shell and cannot molt properly. They need heat,humidity,fresh, and salt water...and a varied diet. I researched them alot while I kept the one I had just to keep it alive.:cool:

That's what I've read on that page I linked above as well. It would be fun to set up a nice habitat for it, but I just don't have the time to put into it. If my kids aren't willing to learn how to take care of it correctly, I'm not going to let them keep it...

Back