Large Sailfin Tang

oceana

In Memoriam
Hey everyone.

I have a Very large Sailfin tang that we are putting up for adoption.

The tang is approx 10 years old and around 10" long
When she puts her sails up sheââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢s about 8+ inches tall !!

The reason we have to get rid of this fish is simple.
She has decided to go against what all the books say and has taken a liking to zoanthids. She is eating them as fast as she can.
We feed and feed her all the Nori sheets she can handle but she always ends up at the zoanthids.

For this reason she is best suited for a fish only tank or one without Zoanthids. She seems to leave all other corals alone.

I received this tang from a member of the Sarasota board for free with the exception of a few frags I gave him. So I am offering her at the same price. The main concern is a good home. She must go to a tank with a MINIMUM 72" in length. I would prefer her to go into something along the lines of a 265.

There is a chance that once our frag system is finished I may not need to get rid of the fish since the Zoanthids wont be in that system any longer. I should know for sure this weekend. But just in case I would like to line up a home for her.

Anyone with interest feel free to contact me via PM or email me at
Theabels@knology.net.

PS: if you have a small tank with "PLANS" to upgrade please donââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢t bother. The system must be well established (a year or more) and fully ready for a fish of this stature.

56636IM008750.JPG

56636IM008753.JPG

Back