leaky clone

somethingphishy

I have a sea clone skimmer 100 and the tube entering the reaction chamber has begun to drip. any body know what size a replacement o-ring should be? OR a better way to seal the leak?

That leak is a design flaw that the Sea Clone skimmers all have. I would always advise customers to avoid these skimmers becasue of that leak. I suggest going to get a seal kit from a local automotive supplier or trying Home Depot/Lowes. It is tuff to find an exact fit O ring for them. I haven't heard of a good fix for that seal leak yet.
Good Luck

I agree it's not a good skimmer/a pain to adjust. When i clean it i have removed the o-ring and reversed it which helps but it seems to be shot. my plan will be to go to the depot today.

Mine let go one time at this seal and started pumping water to the floor. Next stop the trash can. Euro reef and not looking back.

no sump and not planning to get one til upgrading to a larger tank----not dropping any more $ on this one other than maintence.

Two of my friends have euro's and i agree they are great. I love the feature to be able to slide the output to adjust foam production.

i had the same problem every time i would clean it and start up again it would leak until i tried regular teflon tape and never leaked again works great

Mine did that as well. I found an easy but permanent fix. Epoxy everything together. It fixed the leak!:D

Back