Lear Frag Swap Thread

Ha, Ted! You are welcome to any frags of mine when you are ready. I'm just hoping that I will get something bigger than 1/4" fresh cut. Otherwise, you'll probably be building your next tank by the time they grow big enough to frag.

This is a great example why we shouldn't have two identical threads going on about the same subject.

I posted my list here: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=24978586#post24978586

From it:
- ORA PearlBerry
- Reef Raft Asia Serendipity
- Red Dragon
- Tyree Blue Matrix
- PC Rainbow
- Greg Hiller Aqua Delight
- Sanjay's Leprechauns beard (Greg's frag)
- Yellow Tenuis (unknown acro)
- JF Fox Flame
- Yellow Candle (Mythic Reef claims this is the name of the acro. Never heard about the acro or the vendor for that matter)

Fox Flame is probably the most exciting of all unplanned acquisitions. Pearlberry and Aqua Delight are looking really sweet and healthy. So is Leprechauns beard. It's going to be a challenge to keep those yellow tenuis frags yellow. I'm already at 80% intensity on my radions G3 pro. Red dragon turned out to be the size of a mini colony rather than a frag, especially for the price.

It looks like all my frags from the swap are doing well other than the Tyree Ultimate stag I got from Renton777 and the Rainbow milli I got from Frost - hopefully they will recover. I dipped with Bayer (12 oz for 15 min in about 2 gallons of tank water in a 5 gallon bucket) - then hand lift and shake and move to rinse #1 for 15 minutes with small pump in 2.5 gal tank water in a 5 gallon bucket , then final rinse for an additional 15 minutes in a different 2.5 gal tank water in a 5 gallon with a different pump. The only hassle is keeping the temps correct. What regiment do the rest of you use?

Now that's intense! I also inspect each frag under a magnifying glass once before it goes into the tank and again once in the tank using my portal magnifying glass under a good bright tank light. Looking primarily for AEFW eggs which bayer won't kill.

Back