Led macro algae grow light?

I have had positive results.

Worth the $21 on Amazon Prime.

No Heat. Runs 13 True Watts per bulb.

Product Description:

• MEIZHI 24W LED Growing Lamps usually fit for any indoor gardening and hydroponics plants, also can be used to grow many fruits and vegetables.
  • 12 LEDs (3 blue & 9 red)- MEIZHI 24W Led Growing Lamp with 9 red leds - best for plants on blooming and fruit stages,3 blue leds - best for promoting the leaf.
    [*]Respectively 3 peaks of growth spectrum for maximum chlorophyII A and B production - can be fully absorbed by the plants photosynthesis
  • Heat Dissipation -Polished aluminum body construction and finned heat-sink design keeps the unit cool. No noticeable heat even work 18hrs a day.
  • E26 socket - MEIZHI 24W Led Growing Lamps adopt brilliant all metal housing, Easy to set up and use - no special lamp needed, a desk lamp will do.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JA1O0F...UTF8&colid=B601N35VF9ZX&coliid=I2SIXBO8Y3S2L9

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LYH8N6...colid=B601N35VF9ZX&coliid=IHWC9RBBWXS24&psc=1

20 Days of Growth.

Last edited:
How has your Chaeto been with this light?

I've tried twice getting Chaeto to grow with this light and both times the chaeto has started to brown out and fall apart on me. (Not sure if it's easy to see, but I've attached a pic here.) I'm started to get bits and pieces of chaeto coming up through my return pump into my DT now.

Curious if anyone has any ideas on this.
Hey! Yea my chaeto has been growing very well! I use the LED light on the side of the refug and then the regular desk bulb light on the top for about 12 hours at night. I have a mix of chaeto and calupura.

When I built mine I modeled it after the Kessil H380s Spectrum. Ideally you'd have Photo Red, Red, Royal Blue and Violet (400-440nm). The UV/Violet LEDs are expensive so I just skipped them. Chaeto is growing well for me with mine.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 11.33.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 11.33.24 AM.png
    81.1 KB · Views: 1
Back