LED question

take2

Hi everyone, I'm working on seeing up my 55g tank. It's a 4'w by 13" deep (I think) and like 18" H. I'm thinking about doing mostly soft coral... Maybe an Sps here or they're, live rock and fish. My question is... What would b the best brand, size and so forth for this stop. And the best pace to purchase? I can't trade or bit here just yet. Thanks

Budget is a big question. You could get a pair of Chinese D120 lights which would be perfect. If you have a higher budget you could get something more high end.

$250 is not a bad budget. I would check out eBay for the 120W or 165W LEDs like the one Crazyeyes mentioned. They run around $80 to $90 and you could get maybe 3 of them for your setup. I've seen setups with just two, but I think 3 may be a better bet and will allow you to run them dimmed down a bit and they will last longer.

Good luck.

Thanks guys. I will go on eBay and see the ones u mentioned Manny. I guess eBay is the way to go

Current isn't going to be as strong, but they offer a full year warranty if bought new and they offer a lot of neat features for use on low-med light tanks.

I bought 4 of the cheap 120 w imports for frag swaps and got 3 days use out of one of them. Warranty? Not from eBay retailers... The 120w units have scorching output though.

Back