Lets see the Growth!!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11944191#post11944191 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by HBtank
Much of the lower half of my tank is fully grown in. love them zoas.

FTS2-1.jpg
wow!!! :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12848516#post12848516 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by blueblue48
Yeah me too lol, are they all stuck on each other or can you just pluck them off the sand??

I'm pretty sure that's a bare bottom tank.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12853542#post12853542 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MTB
I'm pretty sure that's a bare bottom tank.
That still doesnt answer my question, are they growing on each other or on the sand/tank? because the rest of the tank doesnt look bare bottom me.

you can see the sand on the sides. theyll just mat over the sand bed, makes it really easy to frag that way :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12985759#post12985759 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by blueblue48
WELL THATS NOT SURE ENOUGH! =] anyways thats a neat idea, do you think it would do that on aragonite too??

They will USUALLY not grow on the sand directly.

I think you were getting confused because one of the quotes had 2 tanks in the pics.

Both of those tanks are awesome, btw.

Thank you for sharing!

well do you think aragonite will allow them to spread across it??? ive got that in my tank and id like to have a little mat action happen

I don't think it is likely to happen. I would advise you to locate a flat shelf rock and bury it in the sand next to your colony. They will grow over that no problem, it would appear they were spreading on the sand. If you can't find one locally, check out the eco-rox at bulk reef supply (forum sponsor).

Early Septemper (when I first got them)

PICT0825-1.jpg

Early-Mid October, so about 5 weeks after I got them, and a day or two before Metal Halides were put up.

PICT0864.jpg

Now today, about 3 weeks after that second picture, the MHs caused them to explode.

PICT0881.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13663119#post13663119 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by makavelli911
iridescentlily awesome tank..

Oh I wish. That was Z n' Ps tank actually. Like you, I was just going :eek1: at that tank's picture in my post above.

Back