Lets see them tanks

turbonegro

Now that this club is moving lets see some pictures. I'll start off with a pics of my 175gal. The pic are about 5 months old.
nickosbirthday07019.jpg
nickosbirthday07009.jpg

Tanks look great, i wish I could dive into SPS but I never do.

This is from August of 2007. A few things have changed but not much. I have started growing a darker coralline and coarse algae on the walls that I am not happy with because it makes the tank darker looking....but I'm also not thrilled with the idea of scraping it all off.

11192Fulltank.jpg

Last edited:
I like the nem farm you got going there. Maybe I can help with some sps dive lessons:) It is a pain a the ars to keep the back free of coralline.

I need some lessons, whenever I spent $20 on a 1" frag I bring it home to watch the tissue bleach ;)

Here is a picture from this morning, as I said it is darker, although it is also under Reeflux 10k and not the 14k anymore.

11192Fulltankapril.jpg

Do you guys think I should scrape it down? I'm really considering it the last few weeks.

With my luck, I'll start scraping this weekend and cyano will take over. But, if your bringing the razors, I'll schedule mine for the tank tour for the next four weekends :)

Real nice, Ryan!!!! (AKA Hoops). Bobby, I can see a big difference in growth since I was there.....Very nice.

Joe

Here's mine. I'm considering taking down the waterslide tubes in the background, but the baby orcas really like them.

2390689176_c686aa68bf.jpg

Hey hoops just make sure you have all your parm in line before you buy any sps and whats your flow turnover like. Make sure when you buy them you start them low in your tank and move them up gradually. Make sure with the flow that its all around the coral and not a direct hit on the coral.

Water flow is fine, I can't honestly tell you what nitrate and phosphate are at though as I don't test for it. I would have to before taking the next step. I started scraping today, couldn't take it anymore....likely I will want the coralline back on when I'm done. :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12263622#post12263622 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reeftard73
Here's mine. I'm considering taking down the waterslide tubes in the background, but the baby orcas really like them.

2390689176_c686aa68bf.jpg

Tard!:D

44 Gal. Pent.

44 Gal. Pent.

I have slowly started moving into reef keeping from FOWLR. heres a few snap shots. Sorry about the quality. They were taken with a camera phone since my digital is broken.

Shot from the center
04-06-08_1923.jpg

Left
04-06-08_1922.jpg

Right
04-06-08_1920.jpg

Ill see if I can get a full tank shot tomorrow

Copper

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12298320#post12298320 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Joe
Looking good Brian.....will this be a bare-bottom tank?

Joe

Yes, 3/8" thick white Starboard siliconed in place. Currently, I have two Tunze 6025 NanoStreams pushing water around the bottom. This pair run 24/7. I may modify them at a later date if more flow is required. I'm also running a pair of MaxJet 900's on a wave timer. They are mounted on a dovetailed grey PVC rail I made at work and I can slide them up and down to position them anywhere I want. I still have to hang the IceCap 250 watt MH Pendant. Speaking of which....

Turbo....I noticed the three you have over your tank and the set-up looks real clean, I like that! I also noticed the power cords are exiting the pendant in an unconventional manner. How did you do this? Did you cut a hole in the back and re-route the wiring? I'm considering doing this, but I'm concerned about the wires over heating in a non-factory location which may lead to a short or a possible fire...hmmmm... we don't need any of that:)

More pics...

110972Top.JPG

110972Left.JPG

110972Right.JPG

bmorecopper, Healthy tank!

03LightningSVT, All I did was drill a hole in the back with a metal drill bit. Here are some pics

newwall044.jpg
[/IMG]

newwall043.jpg
[/IMG]

newwall050.jpg
[/IMG]

newwall048.jpg
[/IMG]

Back