LF a big used Skimmer

jrpdriver

I'm looking for a skimmer that can handle 850 gallons, if its internal it has to be 34" or less, external can be any height but I'm on a tight budget so an older becket style skimmer or life reef would be ideal

LF a big used Skimmer

I have the Reeflo orca with as mention to you. its proven and its dependable. I don't understand the risk your texting me about since its been my skimmer for the past 4 years.

I'm not sure why you are taking this to the message board as we have been texting each other but I'll post here what we discussed. I said no thank you and that it was too risky because 5 years is a lot of time on a pump and that reeflo would be on the small side for my tank, my display is 720 gallons and it's going to be packed with fish.

Are you setting up something new!? Contact Mr.Brooks. He might be able to help you with an ATB. I also think Wayne might be moving his skimmer and getting a new one for his new build. I thought I read that on his thread

Yeah I set up a tank at our new house, it has a skimmer now but it's not enough, I need to upgrade but I wasn't planning on it so funds are low, so I'm just searching around

What size tank and sump?

Another thing you can consider doing is running two skimmers that combined will handle the volume you want. It might be easier to find two large inexpensive instead of 1 XL inexpensive. Just a thought.

720 display, the sump will hold 250 but it runs about half full....I thought about running two smaller skimmers and I may end up doing that but I wanted to hunt for a big one first

Leonard (mrbigL) is selling an aquamaxx co-3 cone skimmer. Rated to 400g. Great skimmer! I have the small version and I couldn't be happier with the performance

It will cost you a snorkel trip if it works out. What are the dimensions of a 720? Is anything in it yet and show off some pics...

If you do decide to go the 2 skimmer route, I do have a used Warner Marine AS-300 skimmer with the 12" body. Took it offline a while back. It's a beast of a skimmer but I decided to use something a bit smaller. Has dual Sicce pumps that are less than a year old along with the original Sedra 9000's. $250 OBO.

It will cost you a snorkel trip if it works out. What are the dimensions of a 720? Is anything in it yet and show off some pics...

Ha!.....its 130 x 40 x 32, it's been up and running for about 7 weeks now, I'll get some pictures later tonight

If you do decide to go the 2 skimmer route, I do have a used Warner Marine AS-300 skimmer with the 12" body. Took it offline a while back. It's a beast of a skimmer but I decided to use something a bit smaller. Has dual Sicce pumps that are less than a year old along with the original Sedra 9000's. $250 OBO.

Sounds good, thanks

Back